A tad insecure

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2014 but it's good stuff - United States - Anchorage

Today, I confronted my girlfriend over how she and a male friend have been going out together, drinking and partying, and at one point holding hands in the street. She angrily accused ME of cheating, because "confronting people like that" is apparently something only cheaters themselves do. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 857
You deserved it 5 136

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She's apparently of the "Best defense is a good offense" school of thought. By turning the blame on to you, she's hoping to deflect it from herself.

Cheating is such a norm today it's sickening

Comments

She's just giving you that immature argument to have something to blame you and not own up to her mistakes. Dump her and move on. You deserve better.

Contact the tv show Cheaters so a national audience can see instantly what you don't seem to know.

The fact that somebody is seriously saying the OP should try and work things out with his girlfriend after she cheated on him and then accused him of cheating just makes me wonder how somebody can be so void of logic in their thinking. When somebody cheats, it's over. You go and find better. You can find somebody who won't cheat on you. You shouldn't stay with a person as shitty as that.

We don't know she's actually cheating. We just know she likes to see her friend.

Why is everyone saying ditch her? Maybe first find out if she is actually cheating? If she tells you and you know that they have been partying, etc. it does not equal cheating since she is not exactly sneaking behind your back. You could just confront her about getting maybe too close and that you are uncomfortable about it. Or find out if she is actually cheating?

Well, he obviously did confront her, hence, the FML post. Its very suspicious that she is constantly hanging out with this friend even holding his hand. As well as, 9/10 a person that gets that defensive is up the something.

Respect101 17

They are holding hands together in the street, that's being extremely flirty or cheating, mainly cheating.

In her defense, cheaters do tend to accuse others of cheating because they know it from themselves. This has happened very often in the past.

She is going out repeatedly with another male friend, and has been expressing affections (hand holding). If she respected you one bit, she would NOT be out with other men, NOR showing affections for them. Dump Her. NOW.

Hypocrisy at its finest, ladies and gentlemen.