Weirdo

By you're just creepy. - 11/12/2012 08:39 - Canada - Whitehorse

Today, I smiled at a new kid and started a conversation with him, just to be nice. He later sent me 24 messages describing how strong his love for me is. I'm scared to go to school tomorrow. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 076
You deserved it 3 751

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This is what happens when you try to be nice to people. Tsk, tsk.

Comments

I'll give you some honest advice about blokes. I'm sure most guys will agree. It is rare for a guy to go out of his way to be just friends with a girl. If one starts talking to you randomly, he probably wants in your pants. So likewise, don't 'be nice' to random dudes, because they probably assume you're hitting on them, no matter how innocent the chit chat.

Maybe he's just new to love and innocent about these emotions so he took your kindness for more than it really was.

Now you know why your parents always taught you to never talk to strangers.

Why the hell did you give him your number then??

Don't be too scared, I did the same thing to a girl (in letter form) when she smiled at me. She responded a little differently though...She pulled me aside and said "I don't find you appealing at all, but since I knew this had to take a lot of guts from a guy like you, I'll have a coke with you," You see? She took 5 minutes of her time and gave me the best day of my life instead of being a snob...I would give anything for someone to send me love emails!

#127 That kind of behaviour is creepy. People are not being a snob for trying to get rid of such people. Not to mention people like that can often be dangerous. Seriously, it seems the victims of such creepy behaviour can't win. Try to reject politely - they're "leading them on". Tell them to F off - they're "snob".

I remember the first guy I dated in high school. I was so excited that someone finally took notice of me and found me dateable (I was 17 at the time) that I would constantly bug the guy, asking when I'd see him again, etc. He eventually just cut me off and I got the hint. It hurt a lot more, though, than if he had just told me what I was doing. I mellowed out eventually; I'm sure he will too. However, I highly recommend that you talk to him. It'll ease the pain just a bit.

sgtcxelite 11

Pretty much the same happened with me my freshman year ._. He had a speech impediment that made him sound like he was trying to speak through a bowl full of Jello and blond curls that quite resembled a small afro.. We had the same lunch period, so he would come to the library with me and sit at the same table as me and just read to himself. It was incredibly annoying.. especially since he twitches his head and makes this weird face that looks like he's in the middle of saying the word "ew." He was never NOT making that face. We talked occasionally on Facebook after the school librarian told him I liked anime and drawing, too. He got this weird obsession with me.. Made a bunch of statuses obviously targeted towards me a short period after we started talking. Frequently asked me for advice on confessing his feelings to this "shy short girl" because he knew he belonged with her but he didn't know whether he should tell her because "she has a boyfriend." Wrote me a poem about how he really wants to die but the only thing keeping him going is the thought of one day "embracing" me in his arms. Luckily he's an upperclassman now and has a different lunch period.

Anonymous_1995 2

OMG! I know exactly how you feel. I talked to a new kid in my gym class and gave him my number when he asked (I very rarely ever answer it, even for really good friends, because it's never with me, so I figured there wouldn't be any harm done.) That night he asked me out, over text. I wasn't exactly ready to talk to him the next day...also found out that he was a freshman, and I was a sophomore. Over the next week I had a total of 80 messages between the two of us. Only 16 were from me, but I was trying to get him to leave me alone. I know how you feel. Not fun.

be the crazier part of the twosome: insist on going everywhere together--even the bathroom, talk about your wedding and all the stuff he'll have to do, talk about married life and all the projects you have for him already, insist on ALWAYS holding hands (act butt-hurt when he lets go, for any reason), talk constantly about food then ask if he'll still be in love with you if you get fat, tell him how much you like cats and want to adopt as many as your house can hold....