Love is love

By Anonymous - 30/09/2022 01:00

Today, I found out my dad is dating my dead mom's best friend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 947
You deserved it 257

Same thing different taste

Top comments

As long as nothing was happening while she was alive, what is the problem here?

So, which one of them murdered your mom? Was it both of them?!?!? Yikes!!!!

Comments

I am dying to know why the downvote lol. My mom's dad literally married her mom's best friend after her mom died. (no murder, she had cancer and then died of a brain aneurysm while in remission)

So, which one of them murdered your mom? Was it both of them?!?!? Yikes!!!!

As long as nothing was happening while she was alive, what is the problem here?

dragonladiesfire 19

I'd see the problem depending on how long it's been since your mom passed and if your dad was cheating on her.

Is dad happy? If yes, then mind your own business. He deserves to be happy after loss of his wife. You as a child cannot dictate your dad's love life, especially if you're an adult. Sorry for your dad. Dating after loss of partner is hard, and usually they go for someone they have known for years who can share the loss and understands the loss, mom's best friend isn't such a suprise, she probably knew more than you, and was part of the pain and grieve. I'm sorry for your dad! Hope when you marry and lose your wife, you will stay in house and kick out all old friends and will be wasting and sulking in grieve until you're forgotten. This is what you want your dad be, right? Selfish, immature, controlling.

This is more common than you’d think. They probably bonded over their mutual love for your mom and grief that she is gone. It’s something they have in common, and something through which they can support each other.

If your mom died yesterday then I’d agree with you, or she was murdered by them. Other than that, it’s none of your business and probably a good thing.

it's probably the woman your mom gave permission for during pillow talk better than her enemy.

I don’t see anything wrong with this. They probably bonded over memories of your Mum and that’s probably how they fell for each other. Imagine having someone that loved your wife/best friend as much as you did. You can reminisce on beautiful memories together. And since I’m sure all 3 of them were close and probably spent a lot of times together I’m guessing your Dad and your Mums best friend probably have a lot of fun memories together also