Understanding

By nothanks - 22/08/2010 13:42 - United States

Today, after struggling with an eating disorder and hiding my symptoms for months, I got up the courage to tell my mom that I need help. Then she asked if an ice cream would make me feel better. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 738
You deserved it 5 833

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If someone has an eating disorder..how do you think they'll answer that no matter how thin they actually are?

mn_girl 0

nothanks, I don't know if you'll actually ever read this, but on the offshot that you do.... Stay strong. Eating disorders are an illness (despite what others may think). You did the right thing by going to your mom for support. I'm sorry she didn't support you. I went through the struggles of an eating disorder, too. I struggled with it for 2 years before finally seeking help. Now, 4 years later, I am finally to the point where I am moving on and living life without the eating disorder. Like I said, I don't know if you'll even see this, but if you do.....I saw that you are from Minnesota too. Park Nicolette has an amazing eating disorders treatment center called Melrose Institute. I strongly suggest that you give them a call. I had tried so many things and they were finally able to help me get better and move past my eating disorder. Stay strong, life will get better and you will beat your eating disorder.

Comments

This is really sad, but no doubt she's part of the problem. And that's something that will have to be addressed in your therapy. I hope your family can be brought into your treatment with you at some point. Still, she IS trying to help you, and you are comfortable enough with her to ask for help. That is a good starting place. My mother would have just made me feel worse. Luck and blessings to you both.

screamjewel_ 0

She was just trying to help. But yeah, I hope you get real help and get better. Stay strong!

fernandita91 0

awww that sucks!! im recovering from anorexia but my mom found all the hidden food that i didnt eat.....

I think people are missing the point, mom did try to help yes but E.Ds are NOT that simple you can't just eat and fix them or stop purging. Sometimes people trying to help makes you feel that much worse because you know your hurting them too.

maybe you should tell your family about it instead of hiding it so they can better understand and won't offer you ice cream and "ruin your life".

ot you could seek help from a doctor instead of complaining to people on a website about how bad your life is.

jlynntiger 0