By Hungrey - 29/05/2012 01:38 - United States

Today, I admitted to my parents that I have an eating disorder. Instead of trying to help, my mom stared at me and said, "Duh". FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 588
You deserved it 4 405

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Apparently you're not the only one who needs to see a therapist.

Get help somewhere else, your mom's being an uncaring bitch.

Comments

Apparently you're not the only one who needs to see a therapist.

Who say op needs to see a doctor? Depending on what kind of eating disorder, and I'm assuming it's anorexia or bulimia, I'd say op needs an All-you-can-eat buffet.

Lexiloulynn 2

You see a therapist when you have problems with life, you see a psychologist when you have mental illnesses, you see a psychiatrist when you have a mental illness that requires medication. OP needs to see a psychologist. Her mom just needs to stop being a bitch.

Damn. You edited it. Damn my quickness and lack of better things to do.

9- Therapy can refer to any form of medical treatment. To receive therapy you must at some point see a therapist. In this situation OP could see a psychotherapist.

beccaishereyay 11

Your mom obviously doesn't know what to do or say. Bitch isn't necessarily the right word. Id say clueless or insensitive or unknowing. Since she seems a little dense and OP obviously wanted help from her in the first place, OP should not just admit to the eating disorder but admit to wanting help and specifically from the mom. I bet then the mom would act more understanding.

You should try to get help somewhere else, your mom's just being an uncaring both.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
OhDearBetrayal 25

Yes because all eating disorders involve puking and bad breath. (For those of you who are sarcastically challenged, I should point out that I am being sarcastic. You're welcome.)

I wasn't serious. It's hard to add comedy to FMLs that have to do with serious problems.

Normally I can take a joke but, to me, 3's comment seems insensitive and rude

It's because it's a touchy subject... I'm pushing my good rep. Just one question: Whats with the depressing FMLs? I know it's **** my life, but some of the recent ones are just sad and don't give me much to work with. :/

You know what, **** it. I tried to explain, but oh well. FML commenters are vicious.

**** off dude. I had good rep before this. Leave well enough alone -_-

VasilisaUzhasnaj 29

Don't let it get to you. It's just internets. Laugh it off and move on.

I know, I just hate when people keep pushing it when it's over. ******* trolls. Oh well, off to doing good things, and hopefully never doing an epic comment fail such as this one...and the FML above this one.

Ahh come on guys, it's just a squirrel. Squirrels aren't supposed to be sensitive...

I made an awful mistake chipmunk! I'm so sorry!

Honestly squeaky just stop. You're just destroying this self proclaimed 'good rep' you had.

I put this FML in my favorites because of this thread.

hockeyoceancity 13

Lmao i understand, i thumbed you up. People take things to serious life is to short to be so serious all the time. Lighten up. I hear smoking weed is good for many disorders espically if you don't eat enough.

Ok guys, here's my last statement for this thread: I am very sorry to anyone I offended. I simply tried to be funny, but failed this time. I get it; there's nothing funny about eating disorders. Next time, I'll keep my bloody fingers off the keyboard. If this gets a bunch of thumb-downs, I'll know that no one is offended anymore, and are just being butt wipes. Thank you to those who understand where I'm coming from, and tried to help the situation instead of being a dick. Good day.

After leaving thousands of comments on here I've learned that you don't deal with a negatively voted comment by arguing, but instead just acknowledging that you lost and continuing on with life.

Get help somewhere else, your mom's being an uncaring bitch.

Arg! What's with this? I meant to comment on someone who said "Remove my comment" Arg! *hides in a corner*

It's not a good day for you is it Chipmunk?

hockeyoceancity 13

Lmao. Ask a mod to delete your posts on this thread. It's okay everyone has bad days lol.

*screams* HEY, MODS! HOW 'BOUT A BIT OF HELP WITH THE COMMENT FAILS??? *waits patiently* *elevator music*

im eating chili mac as i read this OP. want some?

No, I don't want a Mac smothered with chili. It's already bad enough as it is. Now I must leave before the apple horde comes after me.

Your Mums probably just showing you that to her it's no big deal...And it's ok. Reverse psychology So as not to freak you out. Give her the benefit of the doubt. If all else fails; call a help line that specializes darl

Lizza330 28

But it is a big deal. People die from EDs. It's almost as bad as getting yelled at for it.

Yes I know it's serious. I'm just hoping this is the mums way of showing her daughter that its ok & she's ready to help....

Yep I hope like hell she helps her daughter! I have two teenage daughters & the pressure to look like a bloody Barbie is huge out there. As a Mother I am terrified they will develop an eating disorder. Please get help OP

onealmxwilson 18

31- People die from erectile dysfunction?

onealmxwilson 18

^ That was a joke. I figured I'd explain that to the dumbasses who obviously don't get comedy.

STFUGTFO 6

Go seek help from a friend or another family member. Having an eating disorder is very dangerous. Maybe instead of posting this on fml you should go see a counselor? Idk it's just a suggestion. =|

ByronJess 17

Yes, because posting this took way too much precious time. Even if she had been calling a doctor, she wouldn't be able to see them immediately. It's not like the doctor can just teleport to her in an instant or visa versa.

STFUGTFO 6

And telling another family member will? She obviously needs help and instead she goes and posts this on fml. Why?

Who says she can't? She probably typed this FML in a few seconds. It's not time consuming. You act like going here takes hours and wastes a person's precious time.

egc573 40

Avoid your mother during the healing process if her attitude continues to bother you. She's only going to cause you loads of stress, and that is terrible when you have an eating disorder. Hopefully your father, some other relative, or a close friend will be more supportive. I hope you get out of it all right.

mxnuelh 2

Who the hell invented that annoying word ???

wildsweetchild 19

Russians...in Russian language it means "yes" ;) ( though it is spelled a bit different "da")

VasilisaUzhasnaj 29

"Da" means "yes", not "no shit". "Duh" is an American colloquialism, or slang term. It originated in America in the 1960s.