Types

By aphre - 18/03/2009 12:35 - United Kingdom

Today, my boyfriend of over a year and I were discussing how neither of us is the other's usual "type". I explained that I usually go for insular asshole types and then asked him what made me different from his usual choices. He said "Oh, well, I usually go for the attractive ones." FML
I agree, your life sucks 71 862
You deserved it 11 898

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Who is Smile Jesus? Is there also a Frown Jesus?

Comments

squeaky_fml 0

the correct response is, "I guess we BOTH continue dating the same types over and over again, huh?"

on the bright side, he probably means that he's found something more substantial than looks within you as a girlfriend.

kellster 2

That's kind of hilariously ironic: you tell him that the reason he wasn't your type was that he wasn't an asshole, and he responds by being an utter asshole. Looks like you're going to be better off!

I love how you managed to use the word "insular" properly, but completely failed to get his joke. Us guys say weird shit sometimes in the struggle to be funny. Just roll with it.

90 percent that was a joke stupid. youve never joked with some by saying "your so gay" or "i hate you"? cuz if not, get a sense of humor

bigcrazymike 6

Why does everybody think he was joking? Sounds like he just saw what a wonderful person you were and wanted to be with you, despite the fact that he doesn't find you all that attractive. I think that makes him less shallow, doesn't it?

i'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic

this isn't a bad thing.... it means that he obviously sees something in you that is more important than looks...

calmthefuck_down 0

#1 is so right. but out of curiosity, what happened AFTER? did you break up?