Too soon

By Anonymous - 22/09/2010 19:22 - Chile

Today, I finally quit my job after talking with a friend about making our own design/multimedia company. While I was on my way to his house, he called me and told me not to quit because he got an awesome job offer and couldn't refuse. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 219
You deserved it 7 920

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Xquisite1 28

Ydi for not having a 100% plan before you quit! you dont quit based on"ideas". idiot.

Comments

benny2465 0

never quit a job before you start another one...idiot

ladies_man217 0

it would be hilarious if he was offered your old job

I love to take multimedia jobs on Tuesdays while playing football in chicago while making love while eating cheetoes while high

#34, WOW! I thought i was the only one who loved doing that

Mars_Bars_Big_Na 0

ydi for making a stupid business move

tweetbaby14 18

33 how can you be talking to 34 when you are well... 33?

MichieBabiie 0
Xquisite1 28

Ydi for not having a 100% plan before you quit! you dont quit based on"ideas". idiot.

SirWhatsHisFace 0

Agreed. OP shouldnt have quit his job without a deffinate backup plan.

green_eyes124 0

Don't trust anyone. Especially when it comes to things like this, I've learned that the people that are closest to you will hurt you the worst. If you were a good employee at your job then hopefully they will take you back. Good luck with that : )

puffydude1 0

YDI for not realizing your friend planned it.

haha this sounds like something off of stepbrothers. Prestige Worldwide!!!

ohthebloodygore 16

Eh, that depends on the OP's former job and their policies, oc. If OP was working in the same field, then once they do the legal work to incorporate and start building their client base, they're competition. I don't know how these things work in Chile, but in the US, a lot of media companies require you to sign a no-competition contract upon hiring for this very reason. You basically can't start a competing business or freelance in the same market for at least a few years after you leave their employ.

That's not at all confusing; how is it? It's pretty straight forward. For example, if you work at a Best Buy, you can't work at a Future Shop. Same goes for other competitors. If you work at one grocery store, you can't work at the other down the street. You can, however, get a waitressing job while keeping your office/secretarial job, just so long as the two aren't in the same field. Ditto for downtime.

YDI for not having the plan in place before you quit, moron.