By GreatParenting - 26/07/2015 22:47 - United States - Nampa

Today, I had to go to the emergency room in the middle of the night. Even though they know I don't have any money, let alone shoes on my feet, my parents have decided it's far too much trouble to come pick me up because we're on vacation and they want to have fun. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 139
You deserved it 1 958

Same thing different taste

Top comments

SharnaaaBanana 22

What the actual **** is wrong with them

Have your own party/vacation in the hospital with other patients and when they finally come to get you tell them they aren't invited. Also, wear the hospital bill as a party hat.

Comments

SharnaaaBanana 22

What the actual **** is wrong with them

1dvs_bstd 41

Some parents are just pure bastards and dastardly inconsiderate. My girlfriend's parents want her to marry an Italian.. why? Not because they give two ***** about her happiness but because they love italian wine.

Then tell them to back off and save their money.

We also don't know what the familial situation is behind it. OP could go to the ER for every little sniffle (and may be why there's no money). My sister in law has driving away both her family and my family because she's constantly lying about having diseases and saying she's going to the hospital and is going to "die any day now." It's straight up Munchhausens. You feel like an asshole, but you do it to protect your own sanity.

That's a bit of a reach in this situation, 27...

Because no one ever lies on the internet to make themselves the victim.

You even said she has a mental illness.. So why does no one get her help?

As the saying goes: You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. We have tried absolutely everything we know to do, but you can't change someone who doesn't want to be changed.

Yeah, FYL. Hopefully you made it through ok.

That's very rude of your parents. Hope you're okay.

Hope your ok OP. Your parents need to show more support and hopefully they eventually helped you.

FYL OP, your parents need to rethink their priorities!

Have your own party/vacation in the hospital with other patients and when they finally come to get you tell them they aren't invited. Also, wear the hospital bill as a party hat.

...OP, how old are you? Because if you are under eighteen, or whatever country you live in's age of majority, you need to find someone to report this to. Because if you are under age of majority, that sounds disturbingly like neglect.

Op voluntarily emphasized the lack of shoes on his/her feet in order to show exactly how poor they are... It sounds like to me, and I might be way off base, that the OP has a slight over exaggeration problem. When you take in to consideration that hypochondriacs are simply exaggerators, it could be believed that OP has pulled stunts like this before and they know this...

myoukei 31

@9 8 seems to think op is lying and is essentially calling BS Though real talk 8, if op was rushed to the hospital without the chance to grab shoes, why the hell would they have thought to grab cash?

It seems vacation is more important than children...

I'm interested in what kind of thinking goes on in their mind. Picking you up doesn't seem like that much of an inconvenience.