Proportional response

By Anonymous - 16/10/2020 16:58

Today, our house caught fire. While trying to help my mom get to safety, the word "fuck" accidentally escaped my mouth. Once we were safe, she said I was grounded for swearing. I'm 19. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 357
You deserved it 163

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Marcella1016 31

I think the appropriate response to her would have been to say, “Next time I’ll just leave you in the ******* burning building.” Then walk out of her life forever. Am I playing the disproportionately escalating response game correctly?

Go to your room young man? And stay there?

Comments

Go to your room young man? And stay there?

That's a pretty ******* lame excuse for saying **** when you shouldn't be saying ****. You should have the ******* self-control to reserve **** for important things like commenting at FuckMyLife.

Marcella1016 31

I think the appropriate response to her would have been to say, “Next time I’ll just leave you in the ******* burning building.” Then walk out of her life forever. Am I playing the disproportionately escalating response game correctly?

jfigley 5

Hahaha! Wow that comment is awesome. Thats hilarious....Perfect response

the house ****** burned down and all she cared about was you saying ****? for **** sakes!!

Keep spitting hot fire and you'll start another blaze!

icalledhisname 12

I think this is the most unique FML I have seen and I love it. Definitely FYL, OP. So dumb! The fire sucks then your mom’s reaction to you swearing sucks. If there’s ever an appropriate time to swear, that would be it.

"Yeah? Where the **** am I supposed to stay? My room is ash."

Given the whole pandemic situation, I don't suppose moving out is an option. And your mom should be grateful you both got out safely.

Grounded in what home? Like Jesus **** you some parents are stupid.