By Solemnwishing - 13/07/2009 18:33 - United States

Today, while riding on the car with my family, I put on my headphones and pretended to be listening to music and when my parents talked to me, I pretended I couldn't hear them. They took this opportunity to discuss how fat I was and how I can't hold down a boyfriend. They were laughing as well. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 642
You deserved it 22 457

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Turtles 0

You were riding ...on your car?

FML_FYL_YDI 0

#1, it might be the girl's fault she's overweight, but her family should not talk about this fact so cruelly- and laugh at her! Especially with her in the car.

Comments

It's a real ******* piss-off when people have no sympathy for someone who may be insecure with their weight. It's a sensitive topic for some people and it's a lot easier said than done to exercise it all off. Secondly, she wasn't complaining about her weight so much as the fact that her parents were laughing at her about it. Ever think it might hurt someone's feelings when even their parents ridicule them about something like that? I dunno...just a thought.

Polionixon 2

people are d bags and just don't care sadly. but I CARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OP: your parents are assholes.

olisykes_ 0

The OP is a lazy fat bitch and that's that. It's not a medical condition or anything because her parents were laughing about. Enough with the "insecurity" shit.

cxal_fml 0

Or perhaps they knew you could hear them and were doing this to teach you a lesson about intentionally ignoring people who were speaking to you

stop giving excuses like big bones and slow metabolism, eat healthy small portions, excersize and you will lose the weight! ydi for pretending not to hear your parents while they tried to talk to you, that was plain rude!

People, don't say things like "you deserved it for eavesdropping" as if you've never done anything bad yourself!!!

hahah FYL! but maybe they knew that you were faking

could everyone please lay off all the "tubbo/lardass/fatso" comments? you people act like 2/3 of the country isn't overweight or obese. it doesn't matter why a person is overweight, verbally abusing them isn't going to help. try to focus on the POINT of the FML instead of resorting to 2nd grade insults.

olisykes_ 0

You're probably a lazy fatass too. Lay off the Maccas, lardo.

ky_stone22 0

i totally agree. weight is a sensitive subject for many people. hurting their self esteem won't make it any better. also, if her parents meant it, then they need some help with parenting. they should confront her about it instead of making fun of her behind her back. but they surely could've been joking :)

paper_flowers 0

My parents do the same thing even when I'm not ignoring them... Of course that sort of thing makes me start ignoring them. "Riding on the car"? Uh...yeah... She might not even be fat. My mom tells me I need to lose weight, only because I'm bigger than she was at my age. People who are saying YDI for being unhealthy...it's really more like YDI for ignoring your parents.

You probably can "hold down" a boyfriend with you ginormous fatness -- it's just that they run away as soon as you roll your fat, whale-like ass off of them.