By Anonymous - 03/07/2009 17:47 - Canada

Today, while going up a ski-lift I accidentally dropped my ticket. The ticket I needed at the top to come back down. I had to hike down the mountain in flip-flops. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 617
You deserved it 16 124

Same thing different taste

Top comments

selenes 0

Why are you in flip-flops on a ski lift in the first place?

If you're going to be on a mountain, you shouldn't be wearing flip-flops. End of discussion.

Comments

love_to_laugh44 0

k im pretty sure liek everyone else sid this, but basically this is BS. YFI for either making this up, or somehow even being stupid enough to WEAR FLIP FLOPS SKIING! it's really hard tp believe someone would do that. you shouldn't even be bring flip flops to the snow. and is there even snow this time of year?

Whoa, here's a thought buddy, read through the comments before you open your mouth and regurgitate not only what has been said dozens of time, but what has been answered dozens of times. Simply because I absolutely hate ignorance, here's the rundown: It's July. In BC, Canada. Contrary to popular belief, we actually DO have summer up here, and that's what season we're in right now (also known as Construction, but that's another tangent), so the OP was probably not being stupid enough to wear flip flops skiing. Like others have said, she probably got on the lift to check out the view from the top, have a meal if there's a restaurant there, etc., not planning on doing any horribly strenuous walking, so the flip flops would be fine. And for those calling BS about needing a lift ticket to go back down, because 'if she's at the top she obviously took the lift up'- let's go over this concept slowly for a second. It's summer. It's summer and therefore the resorts are open in the mountains, not for skiing, but for mountain biking, hiking, etc. It's summer and therefore the resorts are open in the mountains, not for skiing, but for mountain biking, hiking, etc., and so there would be people at the top of the mountain that had hiked up rather than take the lift. It's summer and therefore the resorts are open in the mountains, not for skiing, but for mountain biking, hiking, etc., and so there would be people at the top of the mountain that had hiked up rather than take the lift, and these people WOULDN'T have paid for a lift ticket.

Holy crap, read the other posts before replying. THERE IS NO SNOW. You take a lift up to the top of the mountain, stay up there for a bit, maybe eat at the restaurant, enjoy the view and then take the lift back down.

smith_c 0

ALL OF YOU ARE RETARDED.YES,I KNOW THE WEATHER ON THE US NEWS MAPS GREYS OUT WHEN IT GETS TO THE 49TH PARALLEL,BUT WE DONT LIVE IN ANTARCTICA.you see an amazing view by looking at the top of a mountain.you see around you.you see other mountains.it's summer.you can take the gondola up,eat at a restaurant,it's not that cold,see the sites.blah blah blah.I'm sorry that all of your preschool educations didn't include this.

Wow. People get super heated over things. If anything, I think it's mostly just that in the 300 characters you can't be too clear about everything. People that don't live anywhere near mountains and have never gone skiing wouldn't necessarily know that ski resorts can be open year round or that ski lifts can be used for things other than...well, skiing. I'm from NJ and got confused until I read the explanations. That said, I don't really see how this is FML-worthy. It sucks, but your life isn't f***ed.

Did you explain what happened? I feel like so many FML's could be avoided if people just spoke up.

whythefuckwereyouwearing FLIP FLOPS???

reading the rest of the comments, wow. You can really tell who are Americans. Wouldn't that piss you off to find the ticket on the way down? IMO, I think its a win-win scenario for you. A lot of people lose stuff on the ski lift. On your way down, you could've totally checked out the area. What is lost from others, could be found by you :). Who knows, you could've found a new pair of hiking boots. Lol, unlikely story though. I do see where you are coming from though, climbing a mountain alone in shoes is a difficult task, but in flip-flops? Ouch on the feet. I hope you did something for those blisters. The people on the lifts watching you go down the mountain probbably said, "What a ******* retard" lol. But it's okay. You made it down there to post your FML worthy story on Fmylife.com. So your still alive. :)

Mikaylatte 0

I know skiing resorts are open all year around for various activities...but i dont think its smart to wear flip flops to any of these activities. Anyways you wore flip flops and had to walk down a mountain ,poor you. YDI for wearing flip flops and being dumb!

FML because there are so many retarded people in this world... ALL of the answers are laid out like 200 times infront of you but instead you decided to comment on why she was wearing flip flops in the snow to make yourself look like an even bigger dumb ass. The sad thing is.. I run into people like you and shake my head, and then I actually pray for 2012 to be the end of the world.

And I hate dumbasses like you who don't realize that there is some god damn summer resorts that are open all year. Why don't you take your brilliant self, and try walking down a mountain with nothing. Then we'll see whose dumb then

youre dumb as ****. hes saying its obvious that the spot he was going to is a summer hiking area, but the man is probably just going for the view which you get once at the top of a ski lift. hes saying youre all retarded for not realising that, and you just highlighted his point by rambling on about something that had nothing to do with it. well done :) and walking down a mountain in flip flops wont alter how smart you are either. and they do check. i went up Mount Etna, there were stalls at the top which you needed to scan your ticket on to get a lift down. otherwise the people who actually walked up would be able to get a free lift down. the only fault is that they would of probably let you down if you only asked. people are usually kind

Fake. If you managed to get up on the lift, they don't check on the way down. If true, YDI for not talking to the lift attendent right after you lost it.

Are you guys SERIOUSLY insulting eachother, and like this - like fifth graders? Jesus, its an anecdote. Make your comment and move on. Christ.