By Anonymous - 03/07/2009 17:47 - Canada

Today, while going up a ski-lift I accidentally dropped my ticket. The ticket I needed at the top to come back down. I had to hike down the mountain in flip-flops. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 616
You deserved it 16 124

Same thing different taste

Top comments

selenes 0

Why are you in flip-flops on a ski lift in the first place?

If you're going to be on a mountain, you shouldn't be wearing flip-flops. End of discussion.

Comments

Actually, I did the same thing 2 days ago. Not skiing, of course, but at Stone Mountain, which I think is the type of thing the OP meant. And I wanted to walk down. But, still, that sucks :/ FYL

what moron wears jandles to a mountain?? YDI

022793 0

I just made an account to specifically comment here. FYL, I feel really bad for you. Also, i'm sorry for the stupid people commenting, who don't bother to read the other comments. Many mountains, not just in BC, but also here in New England, stay open all year. In the summer, it is common for mountains to be open to the public for mountain biking, horseback riding, hiking, and enjoying the view and the day at the top. Your post makes total sense, and i'm sorry! The other thing that I think is actually pretty funny is that many of these people actually thought you were skiing... it's JULY, summertime here in North America.

weirdgirl_sf 0

Wouldn't you have needed the ticket to get on in the first place? So couldn't you have just explained to the attendant as soon as you got to the top so he would know you weren't lying? Also you should always dress for the occasion, Teva or similar sandals would be appropriate but flip-flops are what a dumb ass would wear to day on a mountain. YDI.

in a way you kinda deserved it for wearing flip flops :

ILoveJace01 0

ATTENTION PEOPLE: British Columbian mountains are open for mountain bikers, tourists, and hikers. Clearly, the OP went to the top in flip flops because they thought they'd just hang around the top, maybe take some pictures. There are mountains with restaurants right at the top, ice skating rinks, museums, etc. Before you make a retarded comment, please take the time to realize that not every mountain is the same.

Nickistheman15 0

You deserved that crap, next time dont wear godamn flip flops to the freakin ski resort

I'm assuming this is at Grouse Mountain, where there is no skiing right now (hence the flipflops)... and this could very easily happen. To get off the mountain you need to take a gondola, and If you do not have your pass they will not let you down. You then have to take the grouse grind down, which an extremely steep hill that takes probably over an hour to get down, THIS WOULD NOT BE FUN.

That seems mildly retarded that they wouldn't let you back down, especially if you needed a ticket or the gondola to get up there in the first place. Unless theres a road to get there. Then I can understand the confusion. But you simply explain the issue/predicament, excuse yourself for being stupid, and hell they might have let you down the mountain, flip flops or no. Sorry OP, but YDI

#90- you really need to read the rest of the comments before you post! There are about 5 of us who have written perfectly good explanations but NO ONE is reading them! For the final time.... It is SUMMER in BC! No Snow! There are other activities you can do.

Most likely, the OP was talking about Grouse Mountain, which has something called the Grouse Grind which is a hiking trail up the mountain. Some people hike up the mountain but are too lazy to walk back down, so they take the gondola, hence the need to check for tickets twice. Stop assuming that OP is retarded just because you don't understand.

Pot calling the Kettle Black? I didn't mention anything about snow - I realize the OP may have gone there for the summer. Hell, I just posted this under a question that spoke about that! Besides, you do nothing to answer my quandary of wondering why they would need a return ticket if getting to the top was so hard. Same with Mish_MIsh. Completely misreading my post. I mentioned the establishment would be retarded if they didn't let him down. He came on *flip-flops*. I would immediately assume that he did not make that grueling hike up, if its as bad as the others have said. Welcome to reading comprehension kids. Next time don't drop out of school. Hell, if I ever own a gondola-riding establishment, I'll make sure to never let people like you down.

that sucks. i dropped my phone off a ski lift once, but the guys at customer service were nice enough to get it for me.