By anon - 27/12/2013 06:40 - United States - San Francisco

Today, the only conversation I had with my mother where she didn't explode into a hissy fit was about peanut butter vs. almond butter. And even then she was starting to get mad at me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 003
You deserved it 3 517

Same thing different taste

Top comments

then000bster 16

If you're going to be nuts, might as well be nuts for nuts.

Why the argument? Are you both completely insane? Who the hell would argue about that? What the **** is wrong with you two? Everyone knows cashew butter is the best.

Comments

then000bster 16

If you're going to be nuts, might as well be nuts for nuts.

Good thing they wernt arguing about which jelly was better otherwise they would be jelly for jelly :p

I just hope that they can make al-monds (amends)! The last thing they need is for one person to pecan the other for their taste in nuts!

\ 28

Interesting world we live in, where people argue feverishly about different types of butter and some of us have only known regular butter.

Oki, I know that this has nothing to do with the FML or your comment, but it has bothered me like hell for a while now(nothing serious though, just curiosity)... Booda, you/your profile pic(which I assume is you, but ya never know...) resemble Ted Mosby in a level which my poor, asocial mind cannot grasp without thinking myself mad about it. So here it goes... Are you Ted Mosby(to lazy to find out which actor is playing Ted, so let's just pretend that he's a real person), or have we just found yet another dobbleganger of this lonely bastard? ~.0

Wizardo 33

You guys need to jam,butter her up and get on her good side don't want to mess with Lady Marmalade.

What could possibly piss her off during a conversation about condiments.

Never heard of almond butter, do they sell it in the UK?

#5, its like the same as peanut butter but textured differently, a darker colour, a bit more viscous, and healthier for you. I still like my classic peanut butter more though.

fucMyLifeSoHard 18

14- So it's the same as peanut butter, but completely different?

evan_7899 28

I believe 14 was saying that its is similar for a reference but giving all of the differences so you know how it is different

It's not that different, when you strip out the sugar and all the emulgators out of it, peanut butter is equally healthy. But tastes shit.

A lot of people allergic to peanut butter eat almond butter. It's a good sub, and I have bought from time to time in UK :/

You can probably find it in a natural foods store. Instead of grinding peanuts, they grind almonds into a paste. It's good stuff.

ZY1431 24

I don't get how she can go Into a hissy fit bout someone's opinion on something.

I feel like this is sarcasm. If not then everyone does it.

Really? Funny, my experiences has shown me that the opinions of others is the most common thing to fight about among the Passionate, the Ignorant and the Insecure. Don't believe me? Walk up to a random stranger (or even here on FML) and bring up politics, religion and abortion, and it seems that 8 times out of 10, you'll get an argument...or a closed comments block. ;)

Or, if you approached me, I'd tell you to **** off, and walk away...

Happens with me and my dad all the time. I feel your pain OP. :(

It gets better though. Hang on in there OP.

My mum is the same. Mine started an argument because she asked where to go in the hospital when I am in labour; I explained where to go and she got up me telling me I was wrong! Just nod your head when she talks, might stop her from losing her temper - works with mine! Haha ;)

Why the argument? Are you both completely insane? Who the hell would argue about that? What the **** is wrong with you two? Everyone knows cashew butter is the best.

Not if price is part of the argument, Doc.

I thought macadamia butter was the best? *Checks wallet and bank account* Oh right, that's why I'm broke! lol