By stop thief - 26/06/2014 15:11 - United States - Aurora

Today, someone stole my laptop from my car. However, they were nice enough to relock the doors after they smashed in the window. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 033
You deserved it 6 092

Same thing different taste

Top comments

never leave valuables in plain sight in a car. its unfortunate but ydi

"a car alarm! I'd better go see if someone's car is being robbed" said no one ever.

Comments

How do we know he even opened the door? Could've just reached in the broken window. Sorry though

Moderators, would you be so kind as to fix that "the" to a "to"?

So just pay it forward. Go slash someone's tires and leave them a business card for a tire place under the windshield wiper.

I guess you kinda deserved it for leaving your laptop in plain sight.

It's possible the thief got lucky but I doubt this is the case. Most thieves will just walk past and glance in. If they don't see something worth taking they'll move on to the next car. The most likely realities are they either saw OP stash it in her car, or at least some part of it was visible to an outside observer. And remember, just because you throw a sweater over something doesn't mean it's not still obviously what it is.

If it was visible even though it's unfortunate you deserved it OP. I try to never leave anything valuable inside my car & if I have to I make sure it's out of hidden out of sight.

Is it possible they didn't unlock the doors? It's pretty simple to deactivate the alarm... (On the plus side I now have a new laptop)

you deserved it.. should have covered it or put it under your seat... thats what I do. if needs be

Yes, it would have been a good idea to put it under the seat, but that doesn't mean OP deserved to be robbed. No one deserves to be the victim of a crime, there are just certain things that can reduce your likelihood of becoming one. Not doing them doesn't mean you automatically deserve to have something bad happen to you, though.

Looks like they just reached in and grabbed it. Especially if you have a small car. That's what I would've done. Just saying.