By stop thief - 26/06/2014 15:11 - United States - Aurora

Today, someone stole my laptop from my car. However, they were nice enough to relock the doors after they smashed in the window. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 033
You deserved it 6 092

Same thing different taste

Top comments

never leave valuables in plain sight in a car. its unfortunate but ydi

"a car alarm! I'd better go see if someone's car is being robbed" said no one ever.

Comments

angelk19 22

faith in humanity restored

That sound Logic to you?? • Why would they smash your windows if your doors were open • There are no cars today that allow you to manually re-lock your car from the inside when once you open the door it unlocks automatically • How did they get the car keys if they used the remote to lock it back up? • If they did have the keys, **** it, steal the car too! So in case it happened, you deserved it - even if I think re-locking the car was bullshit!

On the relock, if the window was smashed all you would have to do is reach back in and push the lock button, or just push down the lock. Same thing goes for having the keys. If it was unlocked, smash the window for kicks? And as for the new car theory, there are still a lot of "older" cars out there. Based on the info we were provided I see no logical fallacies.

Maybe they went in through the window instead of opening the doors

if they smashed the window, they never unlocked them to begin with.

catanita 18

Sorry to say it but this is kinda your fault. Next time don't leave a thing in the car where it can be seen. I mean hide everything in the trunk, because the thief might find something interesting and that thing is worth 5$ and the smashed window 100$.

@76, side windows of cars are tempered so that they aren't sharp after breaking, it's a mandatory safety feature on all modern cars.

I feel your pain OP. This happened to me in college. But never leave stuff like that in your car especially where someone can see it. I did that so I totally deserved it, and unfortunately, so do you. :-(

it was probably a habit with him/her locking the door but valuables shouldn't be placed in a vehicle.

rdenkewicz 11

Call the police and see if they can recover DNA from the car locks.