By stop thief - 26/06/2014 15:11 - United States - Aurora

Today, someone stole my laptop from my car. However, they were nice enough to relock the doors after they smashed in the window. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 033
You deserved it 6 092

Same thing different taste

Top comments

never leave valuables in plain sight in a car. its unfortunate but ydi

"a car alarm! I'd better go see if someone's car is being robbed" said no one ever.

Comments

You do realize that your doors were locked already, that's why they had to break the windows. Sorry just had to point that out

And that is why you don't leave valuables in your car..

Yeah hello OP here. For those of you insinuating that I have the IQ of a house plant, my laptop was in a thick canvas bag and shoved all the way under the passenger seat. Unless they had the spine of Elastigirl, I'm assuming the thief smashed my window, unlocked the door and rifled around my car. All I did was run into the store to get some milk. I was gone less than ten minutes, but I guess that's all it takes.

Yeah hello OP here. For those of you insinuating that I have the IQ of a houseplant, my laptop was in a thick canvas bag and shoved all the way under the passenger seat. Unless they had the spine of Elastigirl, I'm assuming the thief smashed the (driver's side) window, unlocked the door and rifled around my car. I was in the store not even ten minutes, but I guess that's all it takes.

The considerate criminals. That sticks tho. FYL

alecelgar 1

hmm well if they broke the window odds are the doors were never unlocked..

54 OP assumes that they relocked the door. Unless OP saw the robbery occur, they had no way of knowing if the thief unlocked the door or not.

kudwafuuu 15

I thought this too at first but then I realized generally broken windows are really sharp and don't break cleanly. I'm not sure how car windows work exactly when broken or how the thief broke the window, but perhaps it wasn't broken wide enough or safe enough they could just reach in and grab the laptop? I figure they just broke it enough to reach in and unlock the door, opened it, grabbed the laptop, and relocked it upon closing. That's the only logical explanation on how OP would know it was relocked.