By stop thief - 26/06/2014 15:11 - United States - Aurora

Today, someone stole my laptop from my car. However, they were nice enough to relock the doors after they smashed in the window. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 033
You deserved it 6 092

Same thing different taste

Top comments

never leave valuables in plain sight in a car. its unfortunate but ydi

"a car alarm! I'd better go see if someone's car is being robbed" said no one ever.

Comments

dangermouse2990 19

Ah the kindness of petty thieves is always overlooked (sarcasm)

Whydoucare24 8

Well u learned a lesson don't leave ur computer in ur car but if u do put it under sit.

tuffykat 8

they probably left their finger print on the relock button..dont touch it until the cops dust it for the print!!

car windows shatter. its safety glass so in accidents you don't get impaled. if you break a window, it becomes a million pieces.

If they had to smash the window to get in dosent that mean that the door was locked the entire time?

Jghaugland 6

The theif must have thought the laptop needed air, you should've cracked a window.

This is why you never, ever, under any circumstance, leave valuables in your car, and especially not in plain sight. If you have to get out of the car, then cover the items with a coat, towel, etc., or put them under the seat. Anything. Now, if the laptop was hidden and the thief still broke in, they could have just been targeting your car for whatever reason. It sucks, yes, but everyone knows (or should know) not to leave their valuables in plain sight in their vehicles.

nairi09 12

The doors were probably already locked, assuming that's why they smashed the window...

if they smashed your window then they didn't unlock your door to begin with. but you left it out and the open so ydi