By Alex - 26/06/2014 21:13 - United States - Honolulu

Today, I was at my mom's funeral. My sisters and I were sitting in the front row. The funeral director, whom we had met with twice before, was going around greeting everyone. When she got to us, she asked where our mom was. Seriously? FML
I agree, your life sucks 62 882
You deserved it 3 415

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

1PersonIsMyWorld 22

seems he/she picked the wrong profession.. not a very observant person. im sorry for your loss op. it sucks. :(

I agree that shouldn't have happened and I hope she realized her mistake, so sorry for your loss OP.

Wait, you're her future? If you're a Time Lord can I have a ride in your TARDIS?

Shouldn't been like "she's chillin in the casket"

That sucks OP. They should really know the reason you're there

That was very unprofessional of her

lexiieeex3 32

It was reckless and completely inexcusable.

it could gave been an honest mistake, there was maybe more people who had passed away and she didn't remember all the people she met.

Brody_Generico 7

If it wasn't an honest mistake I think there would be a post on here from the director saying how she got her ass kicked at a funeral

CaitiieBuggs 23

Maybe that was a really bad attempt at some humor? Either way, I'm sorry OP, that must have been upsetting.

ChristianH39 30

I REALLY hope it wasn't, that would be in the poorest taste I've ever heard of

CaitiieBuggs 23

Me too, but sometimes people say dumb things as jokes to "lighten the mood". When I was 8 and at my grandmother's funeral I had to carry a crystal bowl down to her casket- before I started walking the Priest/Funeral Director said if I dropped it he would kill me. It was a very bad joke.

QueenofWheels 13

Saying it as a joke is worse

More like deadpan humor. Anyone? *sigh* Fine, I'll go sit in the corner.

ArashiGirl 13

My family has a sick sense of humor too. While we were waiting for the rest of my father's family at my grandmother's funeral me and my mom made a bunch of little jokes, she wouldn't stop making me laugh, until I was crying from laughter, quiet laughter mind you because this was a funeral. But at least the preacher knew my grandmother well, and told some funny stories of his own about her. ...Of course me and my cousins made some sick joke's to ourselves when we saw someone put out gas station sushi at the "cocktail hour" post funeral.

lil_miss_simran 15

i'm sorry about your mom. R.I.P

Well I hope he gets a brain, or maybe just some common sense.

Maybe he lost the body....

First of all, it was a she. Second of all, please shut up.

ChristianH39 30

I wonder how amazing you'd think he was if that was your moms funeral and you were paying for it.

lexiieeex3 32

You're sick. If my mother died (heaven forbid) and the funeral director was that careless and insensitive I would have probably punched them.

Brody_Generico 7
aleahlioness 15

I'm not sure why the above comments are suggesting that the funeral director was a man..

yeah, the story definitely says "she"

Some people slept through reading comprehension class. Sorry to OP and family for loss

Similar to all the people who couldn't seem to figure out that everything in the store is one dollar.

ButterflyHaze 25

Oh no, OP :( I'm so sorry. Just know that life will get better.