By Anonymous - 16/10/2014 19:30 - United States - Traverse City

Today, my wife yelled at me for being a bastard and not caring about her needs. I felt like an asshole and apologized for everything. It took me a few hours to realize I'd basically just apologized for unknowingly hanging the toilet paper the "wrong way" for her OCD. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 798
You deserved it 5 927

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Put the money in her wallet facing different directions. It's hilarious to watch .

for everyone saying "she has more problems than OCD" thats not even thinking about the wife. OCD is really hard, and its difficult once you notice something thats "wrong" to ignore it. if they talk about it and they both understand that A) the husband isnt doing it on purpose and B) OP realizes its OCD and she doesnt need to be upset at her husband, then everything should be okay. just takes patience and practice

Comments

martin8337 35

Shall we do the theme song to Monk?

Her "needs" stretch the bounds of normal,she needs helps or her OCD is gonna get worse as time goes on.

She may have a much more severe case than you #44, or it may be he continually ignores her requests that certain things need doing a certain way. Living with OCD with an uncooperative (not always intentional) person can intensify and worsen the condition. From personal experience i sympathise with both OP and his wife as I've been on both sides.

To be fair tp is a lot harder rip off when it's the wrong way around..

Both me and my husband have low level OCD and have each had to learn not to trigger the other. With me it's things like all the pens being the right way up in the mug and the DVDs being the right way up on the shelf. For him it's small things like the bread on his sandwiches has to have the curved end on the top slice facing the straight edge on the bottom slice. OCD moments can be extremely stressful and if it's on top of a stressful day it can cause a mini melt down. The way we deal with this situation is by admitting to over reacting and talking about how it got triggered, once we calm down of course, just because we can't control ourselves in that moment doesn't mean it's ok to blow up at each other. Wait a day or so and talk to your wife about it, if she sees the problem in her reaction that's great, if she doesn't then you have some work to do.

I hope you know you are emotionally abused. No matter her condition no one should be treated like this. FYI this stands at court if you want to file a divorce petition based on unreasonable behaviour....just saying...

Move everything to the left about 3 inches. Or just tilt all the lamp shades. No but in all seriousness don't sweat what she said because it was probably just a moment thing. Or I could be wrong and she now hates you forever.

josiemorehouse 12

OP, I'm sorry but people with OCD aren't intentionally being irrational, sometimes we can't control our outbursts. I'm the same way. If the TP is facing the wrong way, or the towels aren't folded correctly, or if something is out of place, I go into a fit. My hubby does try to be patient, and he does try to do things my way, but my kids often forget. When I go get a towel from the linen closet and one is either folded incorrectly or facing the wrong way, or if I see the tag, I have a panic attack and spend 30 minutes removing and re-folding every towel correctly. I know it's stupid and trivial, but I can't control it. Try to be patient with her, OP. And try to remember: flap in front for the TP!!! :)

Toilet paper should never face inward. It drives me crazy.