By Anonymous - 16/10/2014 19:30 - United States - Traverse City

Today, my wife yelled at me for being a bastard and not caring about her needs. I felt like an asshole and apologized for everything. It took me a few hours to realize I'd basically just apologized for unknowingly hanging the toilet paper the "wrong way" for her OCD. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 798
You deserved it 5 927

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Put the money in her wallet facing different directions. It's hilarious to watch .

for everyone saying "she has more problems than OCD" thats not even thinking about the wife. OCD is really hard, and its difficult once you notice something thats "wrong" to ignore it. if they talk about it and they both understand that A) the husband isnt doing it on purpose and B) OP realizes its OCD and she doesnt need to be upset at her husband, then everything should be okay. just takes patience and practice

Comments

Wow. Well, everyone makes mistakes. She just shouldn't be yelling at you and fixing it herself.

Pee on the roll and see what that get you.

I feel like a lot of people here don't have the slightest understanding of OCD or anxiety. In some cases, things like this can cause someone severe emotional distress and anxiety attacks. Is yelling an appropriate response? No. But when your mind and body are riddled with the adrenaline from anxiety, it's extremely difficult to be reasonable. If she truly has OCD and/or anxiety issues, they should seek help, of course, but understanding and support is also important.

Does she really have OCD or is she one of those people who say it because something bothered them a little? Because there's a difference.

This is the second recent FML about OCD you've wrongly "corrected" to OCPD. OCPD is a very different condition, in which "sufferers" do not see what they do as irrational, and it does not cause distress. In fact, it often even brings them pleasure, and they can explain to you why what they do is a rational way to do something. It does not negatively affect their quality of life, so is the complete opposite of OCD. Op's wife snapped at him because even something as small as putting the toilet paper the wrong way, caused her distress. The very fact it caused her that anxiety proves it is NOT, as you implied, OCPD, but is indeed OCD which is in contrast a knowingly irrational, distressing illness that reduces quality of life massively. In short, you clearly do NOT know the difference, so stop trying to educate others when you have not first, educated yourself. You might even stop offending genuine sufferers with your ignorance.

I have OCD and I agree, that's ridiculous. The energy spent yelling at OP could have been spent just flipping the damn roll herself.

It's OCD. It pains us to have it as well

whoah...... I'd be gone! wife or not.