By Samipearl - 12/11/2010 14:06 - United States

Today, while at a restaurant with my boyfriend, a piece of ice got stuck in my throat. I couldn't get his attention until after it melted because he was busy checking in on foursquare. When he finally noticed my freaking out and I told him what had happened, he laughed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 489
You deserved it 6 392

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I would've laughed, too. It's ice. It melted and you had no problems but an over-reaction. What did you expect him to do after the fact?

WTF did you do to get his attention? Wave? Clear your throat politely? Send a text message? Smack the shit out of the sucker, or just lie down and die like a dainty little wimp.

Comments

I would've laughed, too. It's ice. It melted and you had no problems but an over-reaction. What did you expect him to do after the fact?

i don't know, I hate it when even ice eta stuck in my throught... it is creepy.

*I *get *It Dang Itouch. And dang anti-flood protection!

thesunsetglow_fml 8

I don't like it either but I don't get pissy if someone laughs after I tell them something that already happened and didn't cause any damage. Sometimes you have to laugh along and shake it off. It really is an awful feeling and I would've voted FYL for that but the flood of "my bf waah, waah, waah" FMLs might've made me just a tad bitter.

Maybe she did die, Triumvirate. There's just not enough information to go on.

thesunsetglow_fml 8

Wouldn't you just drink more water or whatever you were drinking to melt the ice cube? Whatever you were drinking is warmer than the ice... and if you were REALLY choking, then why didn't you start banging on the table or something to get his attention?

Hey guys, lets ask questions that can't do anything to change whats already happened!

Hey guys, let's post a retarded, pointless comment obviously overlooking the fact that the previous comment was in hindsight.

WTF did you do to get his attention? Wave? Clear your throat politely? Send a text message? Smack the shit out of the sucker, or just lie down and die like a dainty little wimp.

wow so if a piece gets stuck in ur throat it still able to survive until it melts!!

Rei_Ayanami 18

Well, I'm going to say you derserve it for not using a straw in a public restaurant, do you have any idea how many people use those cups? You also wouldn't swallow icecubes so easily with a straw.

doink 0

I'm assuming you bring your own silverware and plates whenever you go out to eat? Or does the "OMG DIRTY PEOPLEZ ATE HERE!!1" only apply to the cups they drink out of?

Rei_Ayanami 18

Actually Doink, I tend to avoid eating in public locations in general I prefer to do it at home where I know what's been done to my food.

I'm sure it seemed scary to you, but everyone is right about it being ice. Its 'almost impossible' that you would have actually choked to death or anything serious besides a short panic attack.

mintcar 9

Foursquare > you. I really don't understand the concept of Foursquare. You post your location and then what....?

ifailplzinsultme 0

A large man can stalk you. It's quite entertaining.