By mellbelle32 - 11/07/2009 05:06 - United States

Today, my visiting cousin was driving me to pick-up and pay for my wedding cake at the bakery. The cops pulled him over for speeding and as it turns out his license was expired. I ended up having to use my wedding cake money to bail him out of jail. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 164
You deserved it 3 492

Same thing different taste

Top comments

regenzie 0

Why would you bail him out? It was his fault, and that money should be important. Let someone else bail him out, or let him worry about his problems on his own.

ohJeeznotme 7

He could have sat in jail. Its YOUR wedding cake! He obviously had enough offenses if he got thrown in the slammer, he deserved it!

Comments

So did he mouth off or was he drunk or something because I don't see how he would of gotten thrown in jail for speeding and an expired licence

foolishmortal 0

Or maybe the OP couldn't just drive themselves. They might not have a driver's license, or maybe they don't have a car at the moment. Or maybe the car is in the auto shop. For all we know the OP could have a serious medical problem and is not allowed to be issued a drivers license. This might have been the most responsible decision.

AnaMaree 0

Nobody told you to pay bail? YDI

You shouldn't have. Your cousin deserved it. He (or she) was stupid that way. You should have bought the cake, then later, paid their bail.

Okay, sucks for him going to jail. But if he's an idiot, not your fault. And now he knows that you will give up those kind of important priorities to a beggar with a guilt trip.

he should have paid for your wedding cake then :)

Hey, atleast you still have him and the wedding

ozymandias_fml 0

What sort of deadbeat gets arrested for trivial shit like that?