Walk on the wild side

By Anonymous - 11/11/2020 07:01 - United States - Tyler

Today, I had to go get my fiancé's car so it wouldn't get impounded after he was arrested at 12 a.m. and charged with a felony. I just got out of prison in March, and we get married next week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 641
You deserved it 3 243

Same thing different taste

Top comments

mickymoose1 15

People can get married in prison so you don't even need to postpone the wedding. However are you sure you both are ready for a life long commitment when you both live a life that lands you in prison?

Comments

mickymoose1 15

People can get married in prison so you don't even need to postpone the wedding. However are you sure you both are ready for a life long commitment when you both live a life that lands you in prison?

op very obviously doesn't want to get married in prison and marriage plans are usually made well in advance. just because she can doesn't mean it's something she wants.

xxlk4xx 6

honestly I would postpone the wedding to better your life! and that's not out of a place of judgment, you deserve to live the life you want! maybe if your fiance sees you working so hard to change for the better then he could to! I obviously dont know the full story, but I really do wish the both of you all the best! for now take care of yourself. also, I assume you can go visit your fiance, so I would ask him what he intends to do differently when he gets out!

So is this an FML because you had to get his car in the middle of the night, or because neither of you can stop yourselves from breaking the law? I wouldn't plan on having kids, or more kids, any time soon. It'll be your turn in a while. Say hello to Joey McFly for me.

Ok. Ok. Look. I'm just gonna say this and leave it here because I think someone really needs to tell you this. Get. Your shzt. Together. Get your shzt together. Both of you. Get it together.

wysegirl 24

save yourself he doesn't care. don't bring yourself down with him

without more detail, I would say it sounds like the BF is the primary criminal mind here... since he is breaking the law seemingly continuously. if so, OP needs to Peace the F up outta there. you'd be better off, and have a much easier time getting your life on a better path. I've been arrested with older "family" and walking away from that was a huge life improvement. no peer pressure, or trying to impress with crime. walk away and live a betterlife

coius 23

I actually heard an argument from a repeat felon in a court summons that used the phrase “Everyone goes to jail 1 or 2 times in their life”. Try 0. Thats the norm. They are not the rule, they are the exception. To criminals that stick together bring out the worst in each other. Lady, your support system is toxic. Get the hell out of there, better your life without him, or you’ll share the same fate as him. You don’t want to be put on the spot in court either as a witness or character witness, and im sure you don’t want the penalties of lying in court. You can’t stick by the guy and tell the truth. You *really don’t want to be made an accessory to a crime either. Leave before you get put in the situation to be forced into making a decision that will screw you either way. Let him sort his life out alone, same for you. Otherwise you are sending yourself down a declining path, one neither he nor you can save you from.