By LindsayK - 09/04/2009 06:18 - United States

Today, my step-mother threw a surprise party on my acceptance to college. People kept telling me how delightfully shocked and happy they are for me. "UPenn" was written everywhere, when I really got into Penn State. Everyone thinks I'm going to an Ivy League. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 466
You deserved it 5 134

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least you weren't the kid who got into UPenn and then had everyone hold him a Penn State party.

Comments

Ridley_fml 0

another thing... isn't the nittany lion logo stamped on the letter? i can't remember from mine. anyways. congrats again i hope you pick us!

lurkerman999 0

Love the Penn Staters hatin on him for bashing us. PSU is better than UPenn fo sho

King_of_Kings 3

I'd say FML is a bit of a stretch (seeing as Penn State kicks ass and all), but I totally know where you're coming from... it's amazing how many people mix that up when you tell them. "Yeah, I go to Penn State." "Oh, isn't that Ivy League?" ...Yeah, get used to it. You're going to be hearing a lot more of it, haha.

FYL to all American university students. Canadians get their educations for free!

Diabla_ 2

it's like how alaskans get paid $1000 for oil reparations, canada's giving all of it's citizens free education for making Justin Beiber.

Go Fighting Quakers! It's a good thing to be mistaken as a Penn student. Penn is a glorious institution with an incredible faculty and top-notch research. Live the dream, dude! It's a great feeling to feel like an ivy leaguer, instead of a state-schooler. To #18: You may have a prestigious business school, but guess who has Wharton? To all PSUers- it is true that you guys have a good football team. I wish we did- we're usually near the top of the ivy league football conference, though. But no one really attends the game, except for maybe homecoming. Go the Red and the Blue!

At least it's not the other way around- I went to UPenn and got tons of people saying "oh, what a great football team- I love Penn State."

...PSU is a good school....this FML is a waste because of a mix up in words. It's like I go to the University of Delaware, but people sometimes say Delaware State University which is a different school. It's a mix up. get over it.

not an fml, i think you should be happy that you got into a good college(which many people cant do and have to settle for less) AND you have a step mother who tried to do something nice for you and throw you a party, be happy with all that =)