By Anonymous - 06/02/2013 11:12 - United States

Today, my son threw the biggest fit in history about going to the dentist. He broke a whole stack of plates, overflowed the bathtub, let the dog loose, and kicked his father when he tried to calm him down. My son is 17. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 569
You deserved it 36 119

Same thing different taste

Top comments

BubbleGrunge 18

Sounds like someone still needs his ass whooped! I understand he's 17, but if you want to act like a child than you should be treated like a child!

Comments

If he doesn't want to go to the dentist then don't make him. He is an adult, he will have to live with the consequences when he's in terrible pain from a shit load of cavities or when his teeth are rotting out of his head. Your son is an absolute brat.

He's not an adult yet. However, if he wants to be treated like one, tell him he can start by paying for the damages.

Persinickity 5

Haha I can understand that. I'm scared to death of going to the dentist!

Time to bring out the belt... Tell him he's not getting any Novocain for that treatment!

starcrossddream 14

Am I the only one who thinks the parent in this case should back off? He's 17! In Texas he would legally be an adult, and even if he weren't, he's certainly old enough to make decisions regarding the welfare of his own body. Yes he acted like a brat, but how many times did he tell you he didn't want to go before that? He's too old for you to be demanding such things on your parental power trips.

BlinkandRHCP 7

You are the only one. It doesn't matter how old he is; if he lives in his parents' house, they provide food and shelter for him, and even have the ability to take him to the dentist and wish to do so, then he has the obligation to listen and respect his parents' wishes. "My house, my rules," per say. If he is 17, he is acting like a child, and no wonder they need to convince him to go to the dentist; he probably doesn't take care of himself of his own accord. If he IS an adult (under "Texas rule"), then he can move out and support himself like an adult. A parental power trip simply to take him to the dentist? Hahahaha. He's most likely not even out of high school...

BlinkandRHCP, Great answer & accurate! If he were my kid, he'd be moving out after he got out of the hospital!

do as my parents did "nigga u best calm yo shit down before i get the belt!"

And in a few months even he turns 18 he will be kicked out... Right?

Wow, better get a tiara for that princess.

Yeah I am still replacing the dishes from my last prostate exam.