By pottie69 - 07/09/2011 05:23 - United States

Today, my social anxiety got so bad that I'm now afraid to add people on Facebook. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 681
You deserved it 7 171

Same thing different taste

Top comments

iAmScrubs 19

What happens if they don't accept? Or even worse. What happens if they post on your wall saying "Do I know you?" Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I'm sorry, OP. I have general anxiety disorder with a special hint of SAD.. It's super rough, and I know just what you mean by this FML. Rarely anyone understands what people with social anxiety go through just to function, which will prompt a lot of jokes on this comment thread. Sometimes it's a struggle to go into a convenient store. It does get better, though, I promise you this. It's an every day struggle, but it gets easier. Best of luck, OP. You're not alone in this. Wtfbbqsauce?! /I felt my comment was a little too helpful for the usual FML shit so there's some idiocy for you!

Comments

ZielZone 4

What a douche bag... Get a grip, put your big girl/boy shorts on... Idiot

You don't know how it is to have social anxiety. That comment made you look like a total heartless shit. smh.

Same here i also have social anxiety some people dont know what its like :(

Aw I actually had the same problem as you haha. Mine slowly went away thankfully

princessbug 0

But no hesitation on posting it on FML.

Stoppajamatime 0

Everything is different on the Internet. Nobody really knows who they're judging.

The only alien on the planet...great book. Look it up

KellyyM143 10

Do you see professional help reguarly?? maybe they need to adjust your med or sort some issues out. facebook is not everything, but you do not want to be anxious about people in other respects. I am sorry your feeling this bad about all this. Good luck with getting better.

I used to be like that. Then I realized that being afraid what people think of you is pointless, because they'll always think you're a douche unless you don't give a ****. Not giving a **** works wonders. No matter who you are, some people will love you, some people will hate you. Social anxiety makes it very difficult for anyone to love you, and people are gonna hate you anyway so what's the point?