By cderr - 17/07/2011 22:57 - United States

Today, my sister found out she contracted ringworm and scabies from her best friend's rescued kittens. The entire family now has to be treated to prevent it from spreading. There are 7 people in our house and none of us have health insurance. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 066
You deserved it 15 639

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kickazz16 15

I'd vote her off the island.

YummiGummi 0

but it's all worth it cuz the kittens, right?

Comments

shadowx41 0

ha damn i dont got any either

welcome to the USA. and our wonderful health care system

Our healthcare system has problems, but it is still pretty good when you compare it to places like England and other European nations.

I hope that was ironic. European healthcare is just as good as american healthcare, but at a fraction of the cost, and available to everyone. Because of that, some might even argue it's a better healthcare system. Unless you believe the poor don't deserve healthcare, of course.

you mean welcome to lazy Americans that do not want to pay for insurance?

Are you a complete moron? UK healthcare is some of the best in the world.. We can go to what ever hospital we want and get free care. In the US even if you're insured you won't be treated unless you go to the right hospital! How is that in any way better?

very ****** big problems. like how one can immigrate to the 'land of opportunity' only to be pushed around and ****** over by the greedy sobs who own every Joe ******* on the block. they pay rent for something you'd see in a ******* UNICEF infomercial, they buy food, then they have to pay a ******* bill that might cost more than rent and food combined. can't pay the bill for a lifesaving surgery? toobad. youdie. sorry. nobody apparently gives a shit about you. and the people who do care aren't in any position to change your corrupt healthcare system. your healthcare will never be 'good' until people are being treated for the sake of being treated, and not to be milked like cows before being disposed of.

both of those can be treated with over-the-counter inexpensive topical treatments. Man up.

Animals don't have scabies the have mange which the human body can get rid of quickly but they both are a mite

it would not be a problem if you lived in a proper country.

that's why health insurance is obligated in Belgium.

ringworm can be treated but the same cream as athletes foot..go to walmart

you don't need to be diagnosed or receive prescript medication, just buy the creams and follow directions on everyone who lives in the house and cover lounge chairs and bedding with plastic to kill the scabies that will lie in m fabrics.

All your family has to do is avoid hugging/close contact with your sister in terms of the scabies and use tincture of iodine for the ringworm. The ringworm is self-limiting in any case so you can even just not treat it. Neither of these "diseases' are serious enough to warrent needing health insurance.