By cderr - 17/07/2011 22:57 - United States

Today, my sister found out she contracted ringworm and scabies from her best friend's rescued kittens. The entire family now has to be treated to prevent it from spreading. There are 7 people in our house and none of us have health insurance. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 066
You deserved it 15 639

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kickazz16 15

I'd vote her off the island.

YummiGummi 0

but it's all worth it cuz the kittens, right?

Comments

This is why I'd never move to the US, your health service is shit. Socialised healthcare all the way!

Emma_Rose16 8

The way you worded it makes it sound like you think dogs can't get ringworm or scabies. Dogs can get scabies and ringworm. Ringworm is in the ground and air and can infect any animals so try all you want but no avoiding it. Scabies can't come from a cat or dog though. The mites that cause scabies in dogs/cats fail to thrive and produce only a mild itch that goes away on its own. This is unlike human scabies which gets worse and worse unless the condition is treated. If I misunderstood the way you worded your comment then I'm sorry.

another reason why living in Canada is a lot better......

Spra 1

To see a doctor, the most I've ever waited was 8 hours, the least being 45 minutes.

harrywestt 0

then your all kinda stupid.

then move to a country with free healthcare unlike the US?

Even here it would cost them £7 each per condition to be treated.. It doesn't require a visit to the drs and the treatments can be bought over the counter so OP would be no better off than you or I would be.

that's why the united states suck move to Canada for you free health care!

Well did you know that if you find the ringworm and see it from above the skin, put nailpolish over the area and the ringworm will die. I've known people who have had it, they all tried it, it worked.