By cderr - 17/07/2011 22:57 - United States

Today, my sister found out she contracted ringworm and scabies from her best friend's rescued kittens. The entire family now has to be treated to prevent it from spreading. There are 7 people in our house and none of us have health insurance. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 065
You deserved it 15 638

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kickazz16 15

I'd vote her off the island.

YummiGummi 0

but it's all worth it cuz the kittens, right?

Comments

It sounds like this is more of a wake-up call than a serious risk or expense. Among a household of seven in the U.S., there must be some opportunity for some or all family members to at least have minimal insurance: Medicaid, CHIP, or college plans come to mind. Someone is probably missing a great bargain, as most employers subsidize health insurance costs such that you would pay maybe a fifth to a third of the freight. Re-prioritize. A few bucks out of someone's paycheck may not even be noticed, but if it would be think about what you might forgo for the greater value of better access to healthcare: Anything rent-to-own, car wheel rims, and any fashion (shoes or otherwise) that will look silly on you if you end up in the cheapo cast when insured folks get a better one -- and likely at less cost to themselves and society as you deal with collection calls and we all deal with over(mis)used emergency rooms.

Really cheap insurance, that covers very little, for a family of 7 would start at more than $500 a month. It isn't just a few dollars.

illegalmovement 3

this is why Canada is somewhat better than America

This is why I like my Canadian health care.

7 people and no insurance?! assuming that means none of u have a full time job it's surprising you all don't have welfare.

fruitloop1221 1

just an FYI you cant get scabies from cats. and yes I know this for a fact. I'm a vet student.

lulzmylife 4

You deserve it for not having health insurance.

sexiisnowboarder 0

haha scabies those mother ******* itch.+10