By notalcoholic - 09/12/2009 05:29 - Philippines

Today, my roommate gave me a self-help book on alcoholism for my birthday. He's an alcoholic. I gave him that book around 8 months ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 068
You deserved it 5 206

Same thing different taste

Top comments

shaynaxnicole 0

people need to chill. He didn't actually say he got his roommate this for his roommate's birthday. it is kind of assumed, but still, read it through. He might of just been trying to help his friend. your getting mad at a guy, that you don't know, for giving a shit ? think it through.

SusanaSaysRawrxD 0

I agree. But on the other hand, it's a nice gesture, it shows OP was worried about his roomate. But OP, are you guys friends? Beyond being roommates? If not, it's kind of rude and random to give that kind of a gift.

Comments

You know what they say--people often project their own problems on to other people. "Dude, I'M an alcoholic? No no no...maybe it's YOU that's the alcoholic!" On the other hand, maybe you are one! :P

Man, if I cried every time someone called me an alcoholic, I'd drown. Your friend is probably re-gifting your horrible gift. Maybe you should get your friends real presents. Stop your crying and use the book to balance your toilet. Or table.

lotusflower007 0

he was making a point to you, that he didn't like the book. Like everyone else on here is saying, even if you had good intentions on giving it to him, it's not very nice to recieve something like that from someone, unless you just proclaimed an problem with drinking and wanted help from your people in getting through it.

Takes one to know one, right? A great move to do those people is tell them about the awesomest party called the Awesomest Awesome or A.A. cause its so awesome, except for the fact that you have to BYOB, the stronger the better. At least if it doesn't help him, hilarity should ensue.

peroxideprincess 0

three words: LET'S GET WASTED!!!

It's kind of ridiculous for everyone to just keep saying "takes an alcoholic to know one". Perhaps the OP was just trying to help his friend. (but i'll admit it really was a terrible present.)

And what did you expect with a stunt like that? If you thought that it was that much of a problem, you could've intervened a different way. Don't buy people presents like that. YDI.

shaynaxnicole 0

people need to chill. He didn't actually say he got his roommate this for his roommate's birthday. it is kind of assumed, but still, read it through. He might of just been trying to help his friend. your getting mad at a guy, that you don't know, for giving a shit ? think it through.