By notalcoholic - 09/12/2009 05:29 - Philippines

Today, my roommate gave me a self-help book on alcoholism for my birthday. He's an alcoholic. I gave him that book around 8 months ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 068
You deserved it 5 206

Same thing different taste

Top comments

shaynaxnicole 0

people need to chill. He didn't actually say he got his roommate this for his roommate's birthday. it is kind of assumed, but still, read it through. He might of just been trying to help his friend. your getting mad at a guy, that you don't know, for giving a shit ? think it through.

SusanaSaysRawrxD 0

I agree. But on the other hand, it's a nice gesture, it shows OP was worried about his roomate. But OP, are you guys friends? Beyond being roommates? If not, it's kind of rude and random to give that kind of a gift.

Comments

And you know that he's an alcoholic, because? Maybe you are the alcohol abuser and you don't know that you have an alcohol problem.

Skull_300 0

Have Another Drink and think about it...

I'm sure he would've gotten you something better, but he spent all his money on booze.

driedpeaches 0

it was just his way of saying, **** you too buddy

caitastrophe 0
Bsane 0

I believe the OP roommate is saying, how can you give me a self-help book on alcohol when you oblivious need it too. He brought his own copy and is just returning yours back to you.

Flutist 3

That's like saying, I don't really know you all that well, and we aren't friends, and you're most likely going to ruin your life drinking. Instead of giving you money to help you or reporting your problem to someone who can get you help, I bought you this book with the shiny pictures to show how much i care. It's like getting someone with cancer who has lost their hair a book about wigs.

Re-gifted. Is it possible you need the book more than he does? You never really took the last intervention to heart, you know... the one where your mom gave you that book on alcoholism.