By notalcoholic - 09/12/2009 05:29 - Philippines

Today, my roommate gave me a self-help book on alcoholism for my birthday. He's an alcoholic. I gave him that book around 8 months ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 068
You deserved it 5 206

Same thing different taste

Top comments

shaynaxnicole 0

people need to chill. He didn't actually say he got his roommate this for his roommate's birthday. it is kind of assumed, but still, read it through. He might of just been trying to help his friend. your getting mad at a guy, that you don't know, for giving a shit ? think it through.

SusanaSaysRawrxD 0

I agree. But on the other hand, it's a nice gesture, it shows OP was worried about his roomate. But OP, are you guys friends? Beyond being roommates? If not, it's kind of rude and random to give that kind of a gift.

Comments

Your roommate was probably pretty offended from that gift and wanted to make you feel like shit, too. For all we know he may not even be an alcoholic and you might just be a square! If he can't work or go to school or function and drinks from the time he wakes up and gets angry and breaks stuff...etc...a book isn't going to help anyway.

dear idiot, self help books DO NOT WORK AT ALL! DUH

tdizzles 0

HAHAHAHA REGIFTING AT ITS FINEST!!!!

rockmyworld 0

hey, i think it's funny. your roomie doesn't seem super-offended, and he just took re-gifting to a new level. be happy it wasn't the 20 year old fruitcake that's still being passed around because no one wants to eat it.

MangeMoi_fml 0

Kay. Stop assuming he gave it as a birthday gift; it doesnt say that. Although I dont think the would read the book, I really think the OP's intentions were good and he was just trying to help. Also, If you are actually an alcoholic, this isnt really an FML lol. And maybe he read the book and it helped. If he was still an alcoholic he would have bought yu two bottles of Goose..thats geese lls. =)

"Today, my roommate gave me a self-help book on alcoholism for my birthday. He's an alcoholic. I gave him that book around 8 months ago. FML" Key words being "for my birthday". Don't comment on an FML unless you actually read it!

MangeMoi_fml 0

Correction, UNLESS yu are an alcoholice this isnt an FML.

Sammibear3 0

he was probably too drunk to realize that.

If he didn't ask you for the book originally, YDI, meddlesome person. This is his way to get back to you.