By notalcoholic - 09/12/2009 05:29 - Philippines

Today, my roommate gave me a self-help book on alcoholism for my birthday. He's an alcoholic. I gave him that book around 8 months ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 068
You deserved it 5 206

Same thing different taste

Top comments

shaynaxnicole 0

people need to chill. He didn't actually say he got his roommate this for his roommate's birthday. it is kind of assumed, but still, read it through. He might of just been trying to help his friend. your getting mad at a guy, that you don't know, for giving a shit ? think it through.

SusanaSaysRawrxD 0

I agree. But on the other hand, it's a nice gesture, it shows OP was worried about his roomate. But OP, are you guys friends? Beyond being roommates? If not, it's kind of rude and random to give that kind of a gift.

Comments

YDI! You can't force someone to get help. He probably recognized that you wasted your money. As a birthday present to yourself sell it on ebay and use the money to buy something useful.

bmgreen1094 0

that actually made me sad, poor guy.

123honda 0

LOOK - My roommate is an alcholic. It is her house and I moved in...newspaper. YOU people have no idea what it is like to live with an alcholic. I had no idea she was an alcoholic when I moved in. They live in denial and they put YOU in harm's way. Example. I had to call the FIRE Department...drinking and unattended cooking. AND she was sitting in a chair, 1000 sheets out of her mind, with smoke detectors going off in the room, and the whole house filled with smoke...and doing nothing!!!! I came down when the 2nd floor detector went off..meaning smoke is now rising up the stairs. That has happened countless times. When I first moved in here..I started a job 3 months in, say February...winter, I was woken up at 1am in the morning 2x in one week....smelled smoke coming out of my vent..located next to my head on bed...Came downstairs, DRUNK, cooking and smoke everywhere...AND the drunk is oblivious to it all...THE STRESS I live through in this house is horrible...Can't move..I am on disability..AND I have limitations...and stress is one of them.. THEY are alcholics in DENIAL becasue they have had no consequences to the drinking...yet..BEFORE you people speak out...you live with an alcoholic for 3 months and experience the TERROR you will live through!!!

I think he's telling u what he thinks of it.

Regifting happens...it may have helped him a bit...it's possible