By Anonymous - 22/04/2015 14:24 - United States - Altamonte Springs

Spicy
Today, my religious girlfriend convinced me to let her take my virginity. A few hours later, she broke up with me, crying and saying I was going to hell for having sex before marriage. But apparently she isn't, and she can't be with someone who "tempts" her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 267
You deserved it 3 705

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Must be catholic. Can't cope with sinners, but can be sinners.

randomguy76 14

Comments

Pray you didn't get her pregnant, or you're stuck with that lunatic for 20 years.

Maybe the kids will catch her stupid and stay till their 30..... Or 70...

I hate people like this who give us Christians a bad name. I promise, we're not all like this guys.

To them, you're the ones giving them a bad name. That's the problem with faith. You can't logic your way into finding out which side is correct.

Hmm, I never thought of it that way. You're right. But there are a lot of things you can't explain sometimes, like why people are hypocritical assholes like the OP's ex.

RockstarJAy 16

Thank you! I hate having to explain it.

Religious people are usually pretty crazy... Dodged a bullet there.

I really don't think religion is the issue here. I think it's got more to do with the individual.

That's totally ridiculous. Either she is crazy or just wanted a reason reason to breakup with you. Either way you dodged a bullet there.

Ava_Darkflame 26

not really... he lost his virginity to her...

This is one of the reasons I'm not a catholic anymore. They brainwash you into thinking that a perfectly natural thing is evil and you're sinning for even thinking "lustful" thoughts. Very very few people don't want any sexual relationships, and it's not realistic to expect that from people. So all it does is make people feel bad and it doesn't make you a better person for it.

I don't mean all Catholics when I say this BTW, I know there are religious people who won't judge others for their decisions. Just that when you follow a dogma that tells you that your sexuality is bad, it's just not healthy to think like that.

I agree with you. Not just catholics, baptists as well. I remember certain family members trying to give their version of counseling. they told me if I didn't repent for my sins before the age of accountability, when I die I would be "cast into the pit of eternal hell fire. surrounded by burning/rotting corpses for all eternity" (in case you are wondering: my sin was watching a **** film)

SystemofaBlink41 27

Something that I think is worth mentioning is the fact that 'Hell' as we know it was probably manufactured by the Catholic church with the aid of translation since: 1. The Bible doesn't ever mention eternal suffering as punishment for sin, it mostly just says 'Death' and 2. It says that *everyone* will be saved in the end. The apostles don't even warn the people of a place called Hell! Not once does the Bible say that Satan is in Hell. The places where it does mention Hell, though, is roughly a translation from the word 'Hades', that pretty much means 'grave', not 'Hell'. Just thought people should know this. Hell is basically just a fear control thing. This, to me, was a humongous gamechanger on Christianity.

Are you sure that's asccurate? I know in the New Testament, Jesus himself makes frequent mention of the place where there will be "weeping and gnashing of teeth," and he uses many parables that end with the symbol representing nonbelievers winding up burning in a fire. He actually references such a place in his sermons more often than he mentions heaven. He also says, "no one comes to the Father except through me" (read: no one gets to be with God in heaven without Christ). The book of revelation also talks of a Judgment Day where God will finally separate his people from the rest and takes his followers to heaven and casts the rest into hell. Where in the Bible does it say that everyone will be saved?

You should've seen that coming! but since you lost your virginity, it's a win-win for both of you.

How on earth can anyone see this coming?

And why is it automatically a win to lose your virginity?

that is really terrible and sad to say at the least. best of luck to find another woman.

Hey, just be thankful that you won't have to deal with that crazy bitch again. I honestly think you just dodged a bullet there, matrix style.

That's a whole lotta victim. I'm guessing there's a counter-argument to your first sentence. "Today, my religious girlfriend convinced me to let her take my virginity" Really?? That smells like spin if not bullshit ten different ways.