By Proposal Fail - 01/01/2015 05:47 - United States - Holbrook

Today, my proposal to my girlfriend was supposed to be exactly when the ball dropped at midnight. Unfortunately my mother called her at 11:55pm to ask her if she liked the ring. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 619
You deserved it 3 749

Same thing different taste

Top comments

xninix_fml 36

Damn that ******* sucks. Sorry op.

Oh well it happens. Happy new year to you (hopefully she said yes)

Comments

Scynistr 20

I'm sorry.. FYL.. But if you REALLY wanted it to be a secret and a surprise.. Shoulda help it to yourself.

OP might have wanted help from his mother picking out a ring, or it mihht be a family tradition to propose with a ring that's been passed down generations and OP needed to ask his mother for the ring.

O captain, my captain! What ball should be dropping at midnight? Is that an American thing? Or is it the ball that is life?

NekoLily 13

Nope. Never had it here. They just show it on tv

Washington state's new year countdown is fireworks at the Space Needle.

cryssycakesx3 22

it's jive people are getting thumbed down because they don't know of, or haven't seem something. I'm sorry guys.

Aw, that sucks, but you sound very creative and fun! I hope she said yes! Goodluck OP!

She must've been drunk beforehand, right?

Maybe OP is in a family that passes down the engagement ring....

BananaN0se 13

Only one solution... **** YER MUM UP!!!

people are so rude in these comments! congrats on the proposal op, I think it was a sweet idea.

I'm so mad at your mother, i person whom i have never met.

Remind your mom you will be choosing her nursing home.

if she said yes...then congrats OP...