By Anonymous - 06/09/2018 15:00

Today, my girlfriend turned down my marriage proposal because the ring I gave her was bigger than the one her sister got at her proposal. Apparently she wouldn't be able to brag to her sister without "looking like a bitch for having a bigger ring". FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 242
You deserved it 279

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Оh, you poor naive thing :-( I am sorry, dude. She should've had decency to give you the actual reason.

I'm not entirely sure I would believe that reasoning-- if it meant that much to her, that never should've crossed her mind.

Comments

islemstring 8

Is she blonde.. in all seriousness that’s stupid

A--offensive. B--I doubt she's stupid. But she think he's stupid, that's for sure.

I'm not entirely sure I would believe that reasoning-- if it meant that much to her, that never should've crossed her mind.

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

Оh, you poor naive thing :-( I am sorry, dude. She should've had decency to give you the actual reason.

bobsanction 18

Take the ring back, and spend the money on yourself. Then, if you still want to marry the silly girl get her a ring from a gumball machine.

If that is what it took for her to say no, run. (She could have suggested a smaller ring if she was concerned.)

I would say you accept her rejection and you run, you run far far away. This may seem like a bad thing, but it is a great thing. You didn't marry a girl who is petty and ridiculous, and that saved you months or years of day after day of "Oh sweet Jesus, why did I marry this woman".

Take the ring back for a refund and buy one that is exactly the same size as her sister’s. Take the savings and hire hookers until you get married. Win-win!

Bigger rings cost more; no savings won there.

The girlfriend said no because the ring was bigger than her sister's, so if he returned it to get one the same size, he would definitely have some spare cash.

If the size of the ring (big or little) is more important than the relationship, then she’s simply not ready for an adult relationship. Before popping the question you talk about the future and what you each want and expect out of the future. It might be more dramatic to surprise your intended with a ring and a proposal, but it’s not the wisest way to go. Talk it out first, then go to the jewelry store together to pick out the ring. Ideally you see the jeweler before hand and let them know your price range so they show you appropriate rings. Everyone is a lot more pleased in the long run that way.