By Anonymous - 10/02/2011 18:38 - Ireland

Today, my professor's son died in a car accident and class has been cancelled until further notice. All my friends were delighted and cheered about it in front of me. I was dating my professor's son. FML
I agree, your life sucks 143 890
You deserved it 6 442

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That is awful! Even if you hadn't dated him.

Oh, ****. Sorry about your and your professor's loss. :/ Your friends are also cuntrags. WOOOOOO! SOMEONE DIED IN A WRECK. WOOOOO! NO CLASS!!

Comments

idklalaalala 0

PWS always with us. same exact thing happened to my next door neighbor a year from last Friday. he was an amazing person. I feel your pain babe

Im soooo sorry for your loss. Thats horrible they would react in such a poor manor. Hopefully you can find some family or other friends to support you through this. God Bless

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Classes being cancelled just means it has to be made up some other time. So I dislike having things cancelled. The last time my lecture was cancelled my lecturer's father was ill, so, I was not happy at the situation at all. I didn't know this person so I can only imagine what immense pain OP is going through. It's kind of disgusting you're even implying that she could be happy at this very difficult time. OP I am very sorry for your loss, and my thoughts are with you at this difficult time... whoever you are.

Not necessarily Lisa. In most cases they give the entire class a "complete" if the professor's absence will go on for more than 2 weeks. In this case they probably would, seeing as though he would need bereavement time.

I don't see how. It's easy to be happy and sad at the same time if the situation has two different parts to it. If I were close friends with a teacher's kid, and they died, and class was canceled, I would of course be upset about my friend, but I would also be glad that there was no class, because having class canceled is in itself a very good thing. The death of a friend is a separate subset. One thing is making me happy, one thing is upsetting me, therefore I would feel both happy and upset. Any human being would in those circumstances, whether or not they want to admit it. It's natural. I'm not saying to the OP "be happy your boyfriend's dead", I'm saying "don't feel bad that you're secretly kind of happy about the lack of classes despite being really upset about him".

Yarrachel 16

For something so terrible as her boyfriend dying, I doubt the OP is happy at all about no class, since the death of her boyfriend would have completely overshadowed it. Why do you think you are so smart that you can tell the OP how she is feeling?

Wouldn't *any* student be happy about class being cancelled? I find it impossible to believe that OP doesn't feel it, even if it's just in a tiny corner of her mind. But my original point was that her friends have every right to be glad, and they do.

secretlyvictoria 1

I know if it were me, I would rather have to go to class every day than find out that my boyfriend died in a car accident...

It's not a matter of which is the more prevalent emotion, it's the fact that they both exist.

Yarrachel 16

As much as I think you are completely wrong, I think the OP's and her friends' feelings and inner thoughts about cancelled classes aren't even what's really important. What is important is that her friends *cheered and were clearly joyful* after hearing about the death of their professor's son, who also happens to be their friend's boyfriend. That's just messed up. Even if they are really happy about class being cancelled, they should learn to control themselves. The fact that they didn't even seem to think at all about their friend's feelings shows that they are not good friends, and honestly, it sounds like they are terrible people.

Yeah but, think about it this way. Would you rather have your boyfriend/girlfriend happily with you for however long and be able to see him/her for the rest of your life? Or would you rather have him/her die in a possibly not even accident, get a couple days off, and never be able to see him/her again?

Death, and classes being cancelled are in two completely different leagues, idiot.

shaniecerb 0

exactly who the hell would even think "well at least i dont have class" after their boyfriend dies..and unless they have 1 class they will still "have to go to skoo".not havin class wouldnt cross the mind

Who the hell is clicking "YDI" on this one?!

There's always people who click YDI even if the OP didn't deserve it at all. Ditto with people who click FYL when the OP has clearly been hoist by their own petard. People just like being contrary.

I clicked YDI thinking my mouse was over the other choice. oops.

Wow thats awful, Im guessing your friends knew you were dating him? If so that makes them even bigger assholes

I wonder, was the reason class was cancelled explained and you knew why before your friends?

Agree with #2. Reading it through, it sounds like the students were told why class was being cancelled and cheered anyway. That's just so wrong regardless of how awful the professor or the class might be. If no one knew, OP could've easily told them what happened. If even OP didn't know at the time, it's unfair to hold the cheering against the friends.

What sort of fucktwat cuntknuckles still celebrate in such a situation?

her classmates. those CUNTKNUCKLES. |the kid|

KingDingALing 9

They were most likely cheering for the fact that class was cancelled... I don't think people are THAT cruel that they laugh at other peoples death.

XxdarkangelxX13 0

I wouldn't have been happy poor guy lost his son :( I'm sorry hope u feel better :/