By Anonymous - 10/02/2011 18:38 - Ireland

Today, my professor's son died in a car accident and class has been cancelled until further notice. All my friends were delighted and cheered about it in front of me. I was dating my professor's son. FML
I agree, your life sucks 143 890
You deserved it 6 441

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That is awful! Even if you hadn't dated him.

Oh, ****. Sorry about your and your professor's loss. :/ Your friends are also cuntrags. WOOOOOO! SOMEONE DIED IN A WRECK. WOOOOO! NO CLASS!!

Comments

kkmarie6 0

I am so sorry for your loss. I agree with everyone-get new friends! :(

ideasrule 13

I think this FML would be a lot better if the last sentence was left out. The shortened version would show the OP's humanity and compassion. As it is, the FML makes the OP seem a bit selfish, as if she only cared about the professor's son because he was her BF.

Yarrachel 16

I wouldn't say it is selfish to be more upset that her boyfriend died than she would be if he had been a stranger to her.

ideasrule 13

I agree. However, when I read the first two sentences, I thought "wow, she posted a FML over this. I admire her selfless compassion for her professor." Then I read the last sentence. I felt sorry for her, but that sense of admiration was gone.

Even if you were not dating your professor's son, your classmates are quite horrible, yes? Cheering about someone's death so that they will get time off --; Just wait till classes resume again. Everyone is going to be rushed to finish everything that is due, or they are not going to learn everything they are suppose to learn.

oh my gosh. that would completely break my heart. my condolences.

this is the only fml ive ever read that made me feel sorry for someone.....

knelson19 0

Oh my gosh, OP. I'm so sorry! I have nightmares about that happening to my boyfriend. Stay strong and I wish you the best! :(

dude what the ****. your friends are totally ****** up I'm so sorry

Boo freakin hoo. He died, it's gonna happen to you too hon. If my partner had just died I and it were serious, I would be too busy mourning over them. Not posting it on an online site. But, still FYL.

You are a bloody berk, you know that? Saying "Someone died, it'll happen to you too, get over it" is no way to talk to someone who has not only just lost a romantic partner, but listened to people cheer about it.

140, you're a heartless bastard. It's obvious that you've never lost someone you deeply care about. And the fact that you think his death is no big deal shows just how insensitive you are. Maybe when you lose someone you'll realize how painful it is and "boo hoo" yourself.

wow, it'd be hilarious if someone you cared about died right now .. actually it wouldn't be funny because you would be so hurt. and see I have a heart, unlike you, and I'd actually feel bad for you. you're a ******* dick.

Coeliacchic93 21

all FMLs HAVE to start with the word 'Today' it could've happened a long time ago. poor you OP, Certainly don't listen to this heartless douchenozzle!