Are you kidding me?

By Anonymous - 11/02/2017 22:00 - United States - Greensburg

Today, I was on my way to college when I got in a car wreck with none other than my professor. My car was totaled and couldn't drive, but his could so I missed class, but he still made it. The end result? He marked me as an "unexcused absence" and gave me a zero. The accident was his fault. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 914
You deserved it 626

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Go to the dean and contest this. If you can prove it was his fault, then there should be no issue...

ohsnapword 21

Call a good personal injury attorney. You could get compensated for that zero.

Comments

Go to the dean and contest this. If you can prove it was his fault, then there should be no issue...

Even if it was the student's fault, any kind of car accident is a reasonable absence.

saffy66 34

Maybe he was in shock and Sis t realise it was you? Either way don't take this without a fight.

ohsnapword 21

Call a good personal injury attorney. You could get compensated for that zero.

species4872 19

Are all of these "Professors" related or what? They all seem to be Arseholes.

Sir_Cow 17

A lot of teachers have a god complex.

Side note: he could have given you a ride, as well. Since you were both going to the same place. But he seems to be a bit of an asshole, so I guess that's a lot to expect.

That'd definitely be one to bring to the attention of the Department Chair, then

I thought when you get in an accident both parties are supposed to leave the cars the way they are especially if one of them is damaged enough not to be drivable?

chessu 21

Probably depends on the country. Here, if both parties decide that 'no harm done' and legal action will be pursued then you're free to leave, but given that the OP's card was totaled, it's unlikely this is the case here.

chessu 21

Probably depends on the country. Here, if both parties decide that 'no harm done' and legal action will be pursued then you're free to leave, but given that the OP's card was totaled, it's unlikely this is the case here.

Until the police report is completed, yes. I would think OP didn't have enough characters to include all that.

lilchica22001 22

Yeah here in the US....we call that leaving the scene of an accident. I hope you called the cops OP. And got his insurance info! Definitely hire a lawyer. Just because he is a college professor, that doesn't give him the right to break the law. Good luck OP!

superman21_fml 19

OP doesn't say anything about the Prof leaving without police being contacted and/or taking a report. Just says the Prof was still able to make it to class on time. I suspect if it was a hit and run then the post would have mentioned that.

I agree. Take it to the chair/dean. He's being horrible just because he can.