By thanks for the $5 gift voucher - 13/06/2015 16:34 - United States - Randleman

Today, my parents bought my 11-year-old brother a MacBook for my birthday. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 129
You deserved it 2 405

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ChloeRattlehead 22

my dad once bought my sister an iPhone 5s for my birthday. I got a 2 liter of Pepsi.

When it's your parent's birthday give a gift to the other and act confused if they ask why.

Comments

Beyto7000 20

That is some ****** up shit.

In all fairness macs aren't that amazing.. Glad your brother is prepared for lots of school work!

I don't think there's any fairness in this at all....

Your preference. I'm an artist and find Mac to suit my needs better, but the pint of this FML is that there is no fairness in how the siblings are being treated in comparison

I know the feeling. My sisters each got brand spankin new laptops and I just got a barely functioning hand-me-down. They are not even teens yet and they treat their electronics like trash!

Reading your responses is truly cringeworthy I can't imagine a parent treating siblings differently. If it were me I'd would say something and just say now that's not very fair is it ? Then walk off

mds9986 24

Oh poor you, your parents didn't get you an expensive present.

It's not the fact that OP didn't get an expensive present. It's that if the parents we going to get an expensive gift why did they have to give it to OP's brother on his/her birthday.

mds9986 24

Because life isn't fair and maybe her parents thought she was mature enough to understand. Apparently not.

leogachi 15

Her parents are openly playing favorites with their kids. Being upset is a reasonable response to that.

No, her parents are just douchebags who favor her brother. Life being unfair has nothing to do this

#53, Life may not be fair, but we are allowed to complain about the unfairness of it. Especially from parents who are SUPPOSED to be fair. Just like doctors are SUPPOSED to treat patients and customer service people are SUPPOSED to politely serve you. Parenting is supposed to be a full time job - if you can't treat children fairly, kindly and respectfully, fine, but don't be a parent. Just like if you can't be nice to rude customers, fine, but don't be a cashier. "Life's not fair" is the reason why you, as a parent, need to be the supportive person who loves your child unconditionally, who they can fall back on when life kicks them in the nuts. It does not justify being an asshole parent (which playing obvious favourites is one criteria of) which has been shown to link with future emotional maladjustment, relationship issues, attachment disorders and even criminal behaviour. This should not be rocket science.

Picture this, asshat: Your birthday, your special day. Life isn't fair, but perhaps maybe one day a year life could be a little nicer to you. OP wasn't asking for a MacBook. Op is just upset that on HIS/HER BIRTHDAY THEY WERE PUSHED ASIDE

break it at night or you have to read books before your bro;-)

Guess you know what to do for Father's Day.

ChloeMeyers_Xo 16

Buy yourself something nice for your parents birthday.

honestly that does seem to be the fair thing to do..because what they did isn't cool.