By sotired - 05/03/2013 19:58 - Australia - Mona Vale

Today, my neighbour's puppy has developed separation anxiety. Every time my neighbour leaves for work, the puppy constantly whines and barks until he gets home. He works night shifts. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 256
You deserved it 2 414

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe you could dog-sit that poor puppy nights? That way you could pet it until it fell asleep. You'll get to sleep and the puppy won't be so lonely :)

Comments

TeamKelly 10

I think most young puppies, and just puppies in general cry and whine constantly when they are left alone. They probably lack a sense of security since they're not with their mother, assuming they aren't of course.

Sounds like both you and OP's neighbor needs to train their dogs better. My dog USED to have that as a young puppy, but because I did lots of training with him, he stopped being a little whiny baby. It's not cute when that a dog acts like he can't live without you, it's a bother to everyone and it's a serious behavioral issue. It IS actually a problem, I hope you both realize.

It says nothing about op's dog having separation anxiety. The fml is about the neighbor's dog. Why does op need to learn how to train their dog? Assuming they even have a dog.

I said OP's NEIGHBOR needs to train their dog... It also says his neighbors dog "has developed separation anxiety." OP is just in the crossfire of a bad dog owner's poor decisions.

That will pass with time. Mine did that for several months. She's much better now.

But until that happens OP will have lots of sleepless nights.

Oh god I hope you can get sound proof windows

Why should OP have to adapt? It should be the neighbour's duty to train the dog.

My pup done that, so we got another one to keep her company, maybe you could shove a toy through the letter box to occupy it and maybe the neighbour will get the hint too

Or a steak seasoned with a dry rub of Ambien.

Not cute when you're trying to SLEEP (bold and Italics on sleep).

My dog does that too, whenever my aunt leaves. It's really annoying but what are you going to do? She always holds and treats the dog like a baby.. so if your neighbor does that, I wish you luck OP.

fksfsdhfsdfh 26

Tell the neighbor! Save yourself from sleep loss!

oj101 33

My neighbors puppy used to have that, but it receded within two weeks after he was taken to obedience classes. Ask your neighbor to do the same :)

Maybe you could dog-sit that poor puppy nights? That way you could pet it until it fell asleep. You'll get to sleep and the puppy won't be so lonely :)

siickman 7

In this situation i dont think the neighbor with the dog should pay to let his/her neighbor sleep. I think it should just be OP taking care of a neighbors dog so OP could sleep lol. I would be willing to do some taking care of a puppy at nights just for sleep in return.

Offer to babysit it! Then it'll never bother you + you get to cuddle with a puppy. Win-win! :)

You and 10 have the same idea, but you didn't consider OP's overall fondness of dogs.