By Anonymous - 04/06/2014 14:34 - United Kingdom - Ormskirk

Today, my mother-in-law confessed that for the longest time, she had fantasies about killing me for "ruining" her daughter's life, basically because I'm not wealthy enough for my mother-in-law's standards. She made sure to let me know the situation hasn't changed at all. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 615
You deserved it 3 941

Same thing different taste

Top comments

rieebee 23

Just smile at her. It will probably piss her off more than anything you say, and can't be used against you in a "do you know what he said to me" sort of way.

reggie_k_dwight 16

That'll make for interesting conversation at Christmas dinner… FYL OP

Comments

If you re-arrange the letters in "Mother-in-law" it spells "Woman Hitler."

rachangie 19

Monster-in-laws, ruining their children's live since the dawn of time and the birth of the institution of marriage. Good luck OP, look out for her randomly making you drinks and smiling like the Cheshire Cat while doing it.

It really depends, my soon to be MIL is waaaay better than my own mother.

rocker_chick23 27

Your MIL is way out of line but I'm curious what her wealth standards are? Hope it's not just being able to pay for your lights to not get shut off? Parents always wants what's best for their children and it can be tough to see their child struggling to make ends meet because of bad financial planning. Growing up my parents always enforced their view of a caste system and then felt justified when my sister struggled for marrying below "their standard". Stating "You can't live on love alone"

That makes no logical sense whatsoever. She says you're "ruining" her daughters life, so she thinks the solution is to kill her daughters chosen partner? I daresay that would be more life ruining than having to live a less lavish lifestyle. She's either kidding (which is ****** up) or she's crazy, either way FYL.

My favorite part about that comment was how the alliteration in the sentence containing "live a less lavish lifestyle" was too much for me to handle. Intentional or not, that was awesome as hell.

Yeah, it wasn't intentional, but I did notice it as I was typing.

it don't have to be about money I only want a loves no matter how poor or rich

jack_jill05 14

if you love your wife, then dont let her get to you.. and try to have holidays at your parents house instead of hers.

That shouldn't make a difference your wife still loves you and remember the vow was stated for richer or poorer...

drunkmunkey 24

You might want to invest in a pistol and a concealed carry license