By lovekills99 - 19/01/2009 17:59 - Canada

Today, my boyfriend's mother told me she had fantasies about throwing him out a window when he was a baby because she was so depressed and couldn't handle the stress. The worst part is he wants to get married. She'd be my mother-in-law. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 660
You deserved it 4 311

Same thing different taste

Top comments

infantrygirl 0

You're judging her for a confirmed psychological disorder? Classy.

infantrygirl 0

Look, if you have a bad relationship with her, that's one thing. I can take pity and say I'm sorry you have a poor relationship with your boyfriend's mother. But coming on here and going all "FML" about another woman's psychological condition isn't gonna gain much sympathy. Maybe she felt she could confide in you and tell you this personal, painful bit of her history without you. All I'm saying is that, if your relationship is that bad, complain about something else, instead of her post-partum depression. One more thing: It's also not appropriate for a 17-year-old to talk about marriage. I seriously doubt you're mature enough or ready for it. (And no, that's not judging you personally. That's my opinion on all 17-year-olds.)

Comments

infantrygirl 0

You're judging her for a confirmed psychological disorder? Classy.

Melisso 4

That's exactly what I was thinking! What a bitch.

NurseHolly 3

Postpartum depression/ psychosis is a very real, very scary condition! She was obviously opening up to you, and told you about an extremely personal, tragic time in her life. You should be ashamed of yourself for judging her so harshly.

exactly what I was thinking. what, does she think the disorder will "rub off" on her or something???

infantrygirl 0

Look, if you have a bad relationship with her, that's one thing. I can take pity and say I'm sorry you have a poor relationship with your boyfriend's mother. But coming on here and going all "FML" about another woman's psychological condition isn't gonna gain much sympathy. Maybe she felt she could confide in you and tell you this personal, painful bit of her history without you. All I'm saying is that, if your relationship is that bad, complain about something else, instead of her post-partum depression. One more thing: It's also not appropriate for a 17-year-old to talk about marriage. I seriously doubt you're mature enough or ready for it. (And no, that's not judging you personally. That's my opinion on all 17-year-olds.)

i respectfully disagree with the marriage comment, talking about marriage is one thing, which I believe can be done at any age, as long as the marriage doesn't happen that young or close to then.

cradle6 13
qm4life 0

What little girl doesn't fake get married at 7?

I am judging you personally. Age is irrelevant -You are definately not mature enough.

You say she was drinking when she told you this - she probably wasn't in her right mind. Besides, she's your mother-in-law, not your mother - at least you don't have to worry about inheriting her post-partum depression.

un_known_fml 0

Don't be an idiot, hey if you had a crying brat on your hands, you could understand the poor woman.

Iron_and_Wine 0

post partum psychosis is a serious disorder, but it has nothing to do with who you are as a person. Give her a chance.

"Ever heard of Post-Partum disorder?" Guess I have, since it says in almost EVERY FREAKING COMMENT. Cut this girl and break, and please read some of the comments, before commenting.

I completely understand bad relationships with your boyfriend's mom, but she sounds like she had postpartum depression. That is one thing that is actually not her fault.

krack_fml 0

You don't appear to realize that the people on here don't care about your life's story, they care about a 1-3 sentence snippet about something bad (hopefully amusingly so) that happened to you. This fml wasn't funny to begin with, and your attempts at defending yourself just make it more pathetic.

Who would want that crazy bitch as a mother in law? blah blah blah post parten depression.. that doesn't equal wanting to throw your son out a window. Apart from being completely nutty it's not something you tell people you don't know very well.. especially people that know her son. how would you feel if your mother told you about wanting to throw you out of a window? Theres a difference between not coping with mother hood.. being stressed out to the point of not knowing what to do and fantasing about killing your baby.

infantrygirl 0

#20. Actually, you're wrong. It actually is common for women with post-partum depression to be stressed and depressed enough that they fantasize about killing their baby. It's sad, it's scary, but it's something they have no control over. Don't judge. It's a very real condition.