By andrie09 - 07/07/2009 22:18 - United States

Today, my mom told me I was a bad daughter because I didn't get anything for my parents' anniversary. I just sent my brother a check for $400 for my share of their gift. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 321
You deserved it 3 073

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow ur brother should really include you in the card or something

Wtf. Your brother`s a douche for either keeping the money or not giving you credit as well. And your mom`s a bitch for saying that.

Comments

Agree with #9. And you should've replied with something epic like "old people who complain about present generations forget who raised them"

Well, at that price, I'm not surprised! You couldn't cough up 5k like that other girl? For shame! (sarcasm, seriously though; that blows... big time.)

Shizden 0
Illustrator 0

I was going to say the exact same thing.

I do not understand posts like these!!! Andrie09-- YYEAAH, it sucks for what? TWO seconds? and then you tell your mom " Heyy me and ___brothers name___ chipped in to buy you *this awesome anniversary present inserted here*, I hope you really like it!! It took alot of planning." ANNDD for some reason you think this is a FML WHYY??? Because OBVVVViously if you have enough money to spend $400 on an ANNIVERSARY gift then you're spoiled enough to think that something this trivial is an FML. Maybe instead you should be spending youre time getting out of your sheltered little lives and experiencing some of the "REAL" world as we common folk call it. Maybe try joining the Peace Corp or backpacking through Europe. You might surprise yourself.

chimmy 0

#17 Maybe, instead of making assumptions about the OP, you should give her the benefit of the doubt; she could have a JOB and she is spending her hard-earned money on her parents' gift. Just because someone has means to be generous, does not mean she is spoiled. Never assume (you know the saying) PS I love your "perspective" suggestions. Backpacking through Europe is for rich kids. (It costs way more than $400!) Get off your high horse.

hellobananas 0

ANNDD for some reason you think this is a FML WHYY??? Because OBVVVViously if you have enough money to spend $400 on an ANNIVERSARY gift then you're spoiled enough to think that something this trivial is an FML. First off, this is an FML because her mom is being bitchy at her own daughter, who is willing to spend a few hundred for an occasion she's not really even involved in, an dmight be regretting getting her mom the gift. What if her mom is then bitchy ecause it's late or something? It sucks, therefore, FML. And just because you have $400 means you'e spoiled? In what world is that true? She is an adult woman, I'll think by the sound of it, so she will obviously have a job to be able to support herself. She also obviously cares about her parents to spend $400, and the fact her mom is acting rude doesn't make this trivial. And just another point, I have over $700, am owed a few hundred more by my parents, and a $200 savings bond. I am NOT spoiled. I worked for every bit of my money, and have actually spent over $200 on single people. Spoiled point fail.

Ugh! I hate people like you, who hate well-off people just because you're jealous. Trust me, it couldn't be more obvious. Just because someone has money (and, by the way, any responsible adult will have $400), does NOT mean they're spoiled. You know, SOME people actually WORK for their money. What a novel concept! And yes, other people are born into rich families, but is that any reason to hate them? It takes a lot of money management and planning to actually keep money in the family, and on top of that, every single rich kid I have ever known, has gone on several mission trips and they all have families who are involved in charity work. Having money does not make you spoiled. Being generous with your parents who brought you into this world and raised you (and probably paid for your college education) certainly makes you the opposite of spoiled in my book. Stop acting like an idiot. Clearly, you don't have $400 (which is your own fault), and are jealous. That's the ONLY reason to act like the way you are. If you want some money, work harder! I can't tell you how many supposedly *rich, spoiled people* are self-made.

skullbuster 0

The peace corp and backpacking through Europe are the "real world", WHATEVER!

Eh....I stopped caring about gifts for my Mom after she bitched me out for not wishing her happy Mother's Day or Happy Birthday this year, as well as not buying her anything. Mother's become greedy after a while. 1, I'm unemployed, so I can't even spoil myself right now, and 2, I called her tons of times and she never picked up. Yet I'm a bad child. Ah well. Once you move out and all that (which I assume you have) at least you only got to put up with this crap a few short times a year.

onealhart54 0
Laci_Laine 0

Yea I agree. Your mom is greedy. Gifts are not mandatory! U should be grateful u get anything not mad at someone for not getting anything.

Wait. **** your life because your mom's a bitch? Wtf am i missing here?

im sorry but ur brothers already half way to mexico