By andrie09 - 07/07/2009 22:18 - United States

Today, my mom told me I was a bad daughter because I didn't get anything for my parents' anniversary. I just sent my brother a check for $400 for my share of their gift. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 321
You deserved it 3 073

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow ur brother should really include you in the card or something

Wtf. Your brother`s a douche for either keeping the money or not giving you credit as well. And your mom`s a bitch for saying that.

Comments

Wow, there are quite a few things wrong. Your father didn't give you credit, your mother demanding a gift...wtf? When I get my mom a gift, she complains sometimes that I shouldn't have gotten her anything, it's too nice, etc. If I was to forget? She;d live. You're not a bad daughter and she's a bitch. Grr.

your mom is a **** for thinking she deserves gifts from you for her being married for another year. maybe its because im in college and have a shitty job, or because my parents aren't idiots, but they told me not to get them anything over 15 bucks for a long time. tell your mom that she is a bitch, and you apparently are ok with spending a fuckton of money buying her things for unnecessary events.

I think it's silly to get people gifts for their anniversaries. An anniversary is supposed to be an intimate event for two people, not something you drag your family and friends into.

ithedarkknight 0

i agree with #46 that makes perfect sense people just love any excuse to get some free shit... when she gets her gift both you and your brother invested in and she says thank you just ruin the moment by saying your a bad mother...

skullbuster 0

Was this a milestone anniversary (like a 25th, 50th, etc)? Because, honestly, your Mom sounds like kind of a twat regardless of whether or not you chipped in for a gift. I'd throw it in her face that yes, you did throw in $400 and then tell that hag to **** off!

35th! Normally anniversaries aren't a huge deal.

CallMeTheHunter 0

Wow, your mom is an asshole. Why in the hell should you have to buy your parents a gift for their anniversary? I've never heard of such a thing. We never give our parents anniversary gifts, they don't even give each other anniversary gifts. What did you have to do with their marriage?

If you wrote a check, show your parents the proof from your bank account. That blows!!

tell her then! i'm sure she'll feel like shit for saying that. also, you should get your parents divorced so they'll stop having expensive anniversaries.

Wow! Seems like your whole family are extremely rude! Your mother called you a bad daughter for not getting her an anniversay persent? Wow.. I have never gotten my parents an anniversay present & they don't mind at all! Really it's their anniversary where they give each other presents, not where they get them from others! I dread to think what your mother would say if you forgot her birthday! & She obviously got a very lavish gift if you paid $400 towards it & your brother paid a similar amount! She's so ungrateful!! & your brother should've given you credit, especially seeing as you spent so much money! I'd be livid if I got no credit after that!