By MrCanoe - 01/03/2009 21:58 - Canada

Today, my mom had my girlfriend and me over. Out of the blue, she pulled out my grandmother's wedding ring and gave it to me saying I can now propose. My girlfriend started screaming and said yes. I have been seeing someone else for 3 months and was going to break up with my girlfriend tomorrow. FML
I agree, your life sucks 130 215
You deserved it 300 136

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

laurm65 0

totally agree with 105...you're an ass

Wow, so ummm, pretty sure you're a total spineless wuss and should be strapped to a telephone pole in winter. Way to be a hero, karma was nice to you this time huh?

FlavorfulUnicorn 4

Wow, that was really really stupid of you to start something while you were still attached. I don't know the whole situation, but I'm guessing that she thought she had it pretty good with you since she was so excited? Cheating is cheating, and three months is way too long for pretty much any excuse you might have for not ending it with your lady. On the other hand, what was your mother thinking handing you that ring in front of her??? Who said you were ready?!?

For those who don't get it a few mothers a great to pick on things, he hid his cheating on his girlfriend- most likely the mother thinking her son was a good man. He most likely showed happiness to his mother and because the mother only knew of his one girlfriend- she most likely believed it to be because of her. This also sounds that they have been together for quite a long time, why else would marriage be even in anyone's mind. Most likely the mom was encouraging her son to propose to the one woman that made him so happily- not knowing her son was a two-timing sleaze. The mom only did what she believed was proper, hell if my mother tossed me a ring- bonus. Those who say OMG the girl overreacted, she was lied to and cheated upon and did not know it, perhaps even at any given time, girlfriend and mom spoken that yes she would marry him if he ever asked. A happy woman likes to dream of being married, specially if they find who they believe they belongs with, don't be rude and insult the woman for being overly excited. I am sure my girlfriend will go nuts about me proposing. Buddy, I hope you don't destroy this young woman's life, a cheater will always will be a cheater. Marrying this wonderful person will only wither her away and you miserable jerk, will most likely keep cheating on her. Unless you have already told her "look I fell for someone else" she still doesn't know and you are still getting away with it. This is not Karma, it's punishment and a wake up call to do the right thing.

Cheating is bad yes but for all we know seeing someone else means that he is mutal interested in someone else who's to said that they actually did anything, and the mom had no right to do that at all all those peopel like wordcrafter what would u do if someone proposed for you and you didnt want to be married to that person and whoever you were with totally thought it was serious... i mean what the heck? his mom was completly uncool sorry bro but seriously dont cheat on people.

You tell your mom ahead of time, that you have been having issues with your girlfriend and your seeing someone else and trying to find the right way to break it up. So doesn't anyone really think before making a comment?

Spitfire_fml 0

Jackass. Serves you right. You should have broken up with your girlfriend three months ago.

You shouldn't have been cheating you little bitch

toastymamabird 0

you totally derserved that one, prick. hope your girlfriend finds someone worth it

Wow guys who cheat are pricks. You deserved that. But poor girl, stuck with a cheating asshole, and now 'fiance.' Tough situation. Let her find someone worth caring about, eh? Ass.