By sad as shit - 01/01/2016 00:41 - United States - Conway

Today, my life finally seemed to be getting on track after recovering from major depression, paying off most of my debt, and scoring an amazing job. And then I woke up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 717
You deserved it 2 158

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least you woke up, knowing how people can get on New Year's Eve, consider yourself lucky

Comments

I don't know why, but it has been one of the saddest fml I have read in a while.

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Was that supposed to be inspirational? Seems more demotivational to me.

I wish you luck OP. I know how you're feeling, happy New Years and I wish you the best!

redheadedmonster 24

So sorry your brain was mean. I hate when that happens! As someone who deals with depression and severe anxiety I'm not going to give any advice as I know it's not always helpful. But I will say I hope you find happiness, even if it's in the tiniest things. Hang in there OP!

Think of the dream like a how-to. Make it happen OP.

So wait, by inserting the eggplant into the mailbox, I'll get a check for enough money that lets me buy a magic lamp that grants my every wish when I play it like a flute? Because that's more or less how much sense your advice makes.

How's that? He listed specific things that he accomplished in his dreams that made him happy. I wasn't talking about your eggplant dream, but OPs dream. All he has to do is start somewhere, anywhere, trying to make things better for himself, why not follow after his dream? Yes it'll be a long road, there is no instant gratification in happiness, but if anyone wants anything badly enough they have to be dedicated to getting it.

You overestimate the job market if you believe that.

I know how it feels to be so low, OP. I may not know what you're going through, but you're not alone. I hope you can find the break you need to pull through and not just in your dreams. Good luck, OP.

There's theory's where you can actually dream the future/prediction. It will not be persist but it's been shown to be quite accurate. This sorta thing has happened to me but not in a serious sense as yours OP.

keep pushing man. life will get better.