By Anonymous - 21/04/2009 04:43 - United States

Today, my husband and I were talking about names for our expectant child. I told him since I named our daughter he could name our son. He's decided on a name from 'God of War'. My son is going to be named after a make-believe cartoon character - Kratos. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 556
You deserved it 31 955

Same thing different taste

Top comments

i dont get the "i name one kid, you name the other" mentality. why dont you just work together to find a name you both like?

"Make-believe cartoon character"?! Whoa whoa whoa, you've gone too far, there. Besides, it's a totally cool name, you must admit.

Comments

It's a Greek word, meaning strength. On the bright side, it sounds intellectual!

icyblux3 0

What's wrong with that? The latest trend is naming your babies weird names. Just stick the kid in a Hollywood school and he won't be made fun of when he's with Apple.

#1, I resent that. Never make that deal with SOME men. Others are perfectly capable of naming children. If it was my kid, I'd name him after a real person, like Leonidus. :P #10, I have a (fairly) uncommon name, and, after about 10 years of hating it, I came to enjoy the individuality that came with it. And the fact that I don't have to stand up with 4 other people like when someone says "John".

Kratos is a real name, it's a real person. Kratos is the god of war hence the video game tittle and that name symbolizes strength

My boyfriend's parents did the same thing...that's how he ended up Thor.

bravesman1983 0

You married a loser, now you're paying the price.

GoW is a lousy game, but Kratos is a pretty cool name. And also it was the name of a character in Greek Mythology long before it was a name for a character in a mediocre but popular action game, so- Y'know, it's unique, and people will still be able to pronounce it, so- I say it's a good one.

Boobs, blood, flaming swords on chains. what's not to like?

DoctorWombat 0

I can totally see myself doing that in the future.

masseyguy911 0

Well its not all bad. Like # 6 said you can spell it with a C at least it will look a little more normal. Besides, its not that weird of a name. I know people who are named katana.

Chocolate_Chunk 2

Yeah, take an actually existing name and change a random letter, forming a non-existant name, to make it look more normal. makes perfect sense.

And yet it does look more normal. If I took the name Quetzalcoatl and removed the Ls, would that not look more normal? It makes sense: some existent names are strange, but if you change them they may look less strange.

Sessee 4

Oh my god. It's fine letting your husband name your son (congrats, btw), but if the name is stupid, you should put your foot down. Remember, he will be stuck with the name forever. Unless he agrees with you and changes his name.