By CollegeBoy - 13/04/2011 13:07 - Canada

Today, my high school guidance counselor tried to convince me NOT to go to college, mainly because it's been so long since someone from my high school went to college, that she got rid of all the college information she used to have. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 587
You deserved it 3 662

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don't listen to her. Do what you want to do. Not what others tell you do.

baconboy_42 8

Seriously? Almost sounds like a rural Midwest school district. But you should still pursue college.

Comments

cobralove69 2

instead of trying to convince you not to go she should've gotten off her lazy ass and helped you look up information. that's what councilors(sp?) are for. blah she needs to get fired for that.

It makes sense. You spelled counselor wrong. YDI lol.

join the Army, job and college taken care of.

TheDrifter 23

Maybe it's a special Ed school and the counsellor, like op's parents, just doesn't have the heart to tell her that she's only smart when in classes designed for people with Down's Syndrome.

There are plenty of helpful websites and if you need help go to a local community college and talk to an advisor. Go ahead and start now bc there is a good bit of research to do and paperwork involved. Good luck!

Nakolover13 0

I can see why no one ended up in college with your spelling. Great school your going to.

It's you're, as in you are. You must not be going to a great school either.

Nakolover13 0

I graduated already. Just because i didnt feel like putting your exactly the way it should be doesn't mean anything.

By that logic, her poor spelling "doesn't mean anything," but you chose to point it out.

sublime420 11

Hooray! You can grow up to be an alcoholic, like everyone else on the res!