By CollegeBoy - 13/04/2011 13:07 - Canada

Today, my high school guidance counselor tried to convince me NOT to go to college, mainly because it's been so long since someone from my high school went to college, that she got rid of all the college information she used to have. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 587
You deserved it 3 662

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don't listen to her. Do what you want to do. Not what others tell you do.

baconboy_42 8

Seriously? Almost sounds like a rural Midwest school district. But you should still pursue college.

Comments

First figure out what u wanna major in and then call the best schools for that & research them online

SirEBC 7

Who the hell needs college anyway?

I hope your spelling of "meat" is deliberate.

SirEBC 7

It isn't an error. Trust me, he didn't mean "meet." Meat is quite literally a verb in this context. *High fives Boners*

RainbowHeadache 2

He omitted a word. He meant meat ON hot girls.

sixfoot2 0

she needs to get fired! what kind of school graduates that many losers!?

6/19, it's funny that you try to correct OP (when nothing was wrong other than spelling) while you have so many errors yourself. iPhone does not wrongly autocorrect counselor. I'm on my iPhone right now. It only autocorrects it when you try to spell it as counsilor. Also, you used "their" wrong.

This got posted as a separate entry instead of a reply. Sorry, I know it's annoying.

RainbowHeadache 2

Oh my bad for typing quickly. If you took the time to ever look at any of my previous post you'll see that my grammar is almost always impeccable. Excuse me for typing something incorrectly one time. I corrected most of my errors in the below comments on my post and they did spell counselor wrong in the OP. The mods corrected it.

RainbowHeadache 2

And it spells it differently on my phone. Don't ask me why. I actually planned for quite some time to become a counselor so why would I misspell my own profession?

Obviously I'm aware that it was misspelled in the original post since I said nothing was wrong other than spelling. I was just pointing out that there was no run-on, as you suggested. And no, I didn't take the time to read through every comment you've posted on FML. It's definitely not that important to me. I am a bit of a grammar Nazi, but I generally don't bother with correcting people on the internet unless they've taken the time to wrongly "correct" someone else.

RainbowHeadache 2

I fixed my correction underneath my old comment and I was already grammar nazi'd by a seemingly more helpful person. So it's all good.

Nakolover13 0

Actually, if you take away the middle part and put the beginning and end together it doesn't work. So 2 errors.

That's not a fool-proof method to check sentence structure. It's beneficial to people the aren't good with grammar, because it prevents them from writing run-on sentences. However, there are sentences that don't pass that test, but are still grammatically correct.

"councilor" hahahahahahahahaha .. honey, she might have a point

Woody20 0

You obviously arnt ready for college if.you cant spell counselor right

Woody20 0

You Obviously aren't ready for college if you can't even spell counselor right